1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Engine starts and stalls in 8 seconds

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Retiredmach51, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Jan 15, 2015 at 5:10 PM
    Retiredmach51

Retiredmach51 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Laveen Az
    Vehicle:
    Truck
    Hello fellow toyota owners I used to work on cars way back in the 70s no computerized vehicles than....
    I have a 1995 toyota tacoma 2.7L engine I just now reworked the the head and put it back together it starts and runs for 5 to 10 seconds and starves for fuel or just stalls ,,,, has anyone encountered this problem and what was the cause ???would appreciate any comments.... Thanks

2. Jan 15, 2015 at 5:17 PM
    moondeath

moondeath Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Pa, Gardners
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Sport DCLB 4x4
    5100 @ 0” w/ 2.5” Eibach spring, 1.5" Icon Progressive 3 leaf + 1” block, Procomp Wheels, Grill Thin Lip (Custom Car Grills Mod), Access Tonneau Cover, Pop & Lock Tailgate Electronic Lock PL8521
    If the MAF isn't plugged in or its backwards, then the motor will run like you're describing.

3. Jan 15, 2015 at 5:46 PM
    cyelrah1

cyelrah1 New Member

Member:
    Livermore, CA
    Vehicle:
    95 Tacoma 2.7 3RZ-FE 4wd
    A while back I had a similar issue. May be a vacuum leak. Mine turned out to be a leaky idle up valve. It's the one on the back side of the engine with the adjustment screw.
    If not vacuum, it could be fuel, and again, currently I have a similar issue. Mine starts fine when cold, idles for 5 to 10 mins. then stalls. Once warm stalls after a few seconds like it's starved for fuel. I just had my injectors calibrated, but still have same issue. Maybe fuel pump?

Products Discussed in

To Top