Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Another new owner here in Socal

Old 05-02-2009, 08:22 AM   #1
socaltacoman will become famous soon enoughsocaltacoman will become famous soon enough
socaltacoman's Tacoma Gallery
Another new owner here in Socal

Hello everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself here. I'm 27 and a machinist/fabricator for a major unmanned aerial vehicle manufacturer here in San Diego. I've had my dark gray (magnetic something) 09 Prerunner reg cab 4 cyl m5 for 2 months now. I've been wanting a truck for a while and was pretty close to getting a Ranger before I checked out the Toyota dealership. I only wanted to put $1000 down and was going for low monthly payments so I ended up leasing the Tacoma for $200/mo for 36 mo. I honestly have no idea if I got a good deal or not.

About after a month I started to regret getting it for a couple reasons. 1st and foremost is the bench seat. It absolutely kills my back after 20 minutes of driving. Plus it seems that the shifter is too far away, so either I have to lean forward to shift or move the seat up and have my knees hit the steering wheel. Maybe I have short arms for a 6 ft dude. 2nd is I should've gotten the ext cab. Didn't realize how much I'd need it at the time. But that's life. You make choices and you live with them.

Since I'm stuck with it for at least 2 years I better make the best of it. I'm gonna check around the local salvage yards for bucket seats out of an ext cab. They should be a direct fit right? The stock 16" steel wheels also have to go. Gonna look for some black wheels and maybe one of those ebay knockoff fog light kits for about $100. I know it sounds like I hate the truck but that's quite the contrary. I think after some new seats I would feel alot better about my decision.
Old 05-02-2009, 08:39 AM   #3
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from san diego here too. Ihear ya on the back issue, you can always check the junk yards in otay but its hard to find them craigslist has the addresses of them and maybe craigslist will have some misc parts for you if you got some time tre is hosting a socal meet @ fiesta island theres a thread on it in the socal region.
Old 05-02-2009, 09:13 AM   #4
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
HELLO!! Welcome to the forum!

Tons of people will help you solve your issue..if and when you need some help. JUST ASK away.

Glad to have ya !!
Old 05-02-2009, 08:15 PM   #5
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
SWEET! Another San Diegan. We're growing. Welcome to TacomaWorld! Hope to see you next weekend at the Fiesta Island meet.