1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My CRAZY upgrade, technically my first Tacoma

Discussion in 'New Members' started by aaaltomare, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Jan 18, 2015 at 12:04 PM
    aaaltomare

aaaltomare [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    anthony
    los angeles, ca
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma SR5
    Hey guys - I'm a long time toyota fan. My daily driver for the past ten years was 1989 toyota pickup. That thing gave me 10 years of hard work and fun adventures and I was sad to see her go, but it's time for a change.

I recently (like 5 days ago) drove off with a 2012 Tacoma SR5 extended cab. So far, I'm loving it. I started looking at Ford Rangers thinking they would be more affordable and some people I know like theirs, but as soon as I got in a Tacoma, the difference was clear and I would remain in the Toyota family. This truck is awesome and exactly what I need. I'm not an offroader or a speed junky so the 4 cyl is perfect for me (I like my gas mileage high). I do like going on road trips and am an avid camper, this truck is the perfect balance.

I've been poking around on the forums and wanted to introduce myself. Y'all have a great community here and the mods you accomplish are inspiring. There isn't a whole lot I want to do to the truck, hey, just having air conditioning, power windows and a backup camera are blowing my mind. I'm still getting used to using the remote to unlock the passengers door (there have been a few times I've reached across the cab to manually unlock that door haha).

I want to add the fog lights, i've added bluetooth (simple plug in deal), I plan on doing a bed light mod (haven't decided on which ones but I liked the ones were people recessed them into the pockets above the wheel wells) and I'm toying with lifting it (a small amount, just to get a better view of the road). I look forward to exploring the forums and getting involved with the community. Thanks in advance - - Anthony, Los Angeles CA

2. Jan 18, 2015 at 12:27 PM
    CC7242

CC7242 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Lakeland,FL
    Vehicle:
    14 Pre Runner SR5
    HAM Radio and Glass Mount Antenna, Plasti Dipped badges
    Once you start doing mods, you cant stop. Trust me...lol

Welcome!

3. Jan 18, 2015 at 5:04 PM
    68dave

68dave Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Baltimore/WV mountains
    Vehicle:
    $500.00 project 04 TRD 4x4 Lifted 4runner Stock Tacoma TRD Lifted 94 FZJ80 Stock 95 FZJ80
    Toytec Boss kit & OME leafs, 231mm tundra brakes SCS wheels...
    Welcome! And congrats on the new truck.

Products Discussed in

To Top