Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

My CRAZY upgrade, technically my first Tacoma

Old 01-18-2015, 01:04 PM   #1
aaaltomare is on a distinguished road

Name: anthony
aaaltomare's Tacoma Gallery
My CRAZY upgrade, technically my first Tacoma

Hey guys - I'm a long time toyota fan. My daily driver for the past ten years was 1989 toyota pickup. That thing gave me 10 years of hard work and fun adventures and I was sad to see her go, but it's time for a change.

I recently (like 5 days ago) drove off with a 2012 Tacoma SR5 extended cab. So far, I'm loving it. I started looking at Ford Rangers thinking they would be more affordable and some people I know like theirs, but as soon as I got in a Tacoma, the difference was clear and I would remain in the Toyota family. This truck is awesome and exactly what I need. I'm not an offroader or a speed junky so the 4 cyl is perfect for me (I like my gas mileage high). I do like going on road trips and am an avid camper, this truck is the perfect balance.

I've been poking around on the forums and wanted to introduce myself. Y'all have a great community here and the mods you accomplish are inspiring. There isn't a whole lot I want to do to the truck, hey, just having air conditioning, power windows and a backup camera are blowing my mind. I'm still getting used to using the remote to unlock the passengers door (there have been a few times I've reached across the cab to manually unlock that door haha).

I want to add the fog lights, i've added bluetooth (simple plug in deal), I plan on doing a bed light mod (haven't decided on which ones but I liked the ones were people recessed them into the pockets above the wheel wells) and I'm toying with lifting it (a small amount, just to get a better view of the road). I look forward to exploring the forums and getting involved with the community. Thanks in advance - - Anthony, Los Angeles CA
Old 01-18-2015, 01:27 PM   #2
CC7242 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCC7242 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCC7242 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCC7242 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCC7242 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCC7242 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCC7242 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCC7242 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCC7242 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCC7242 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCC7242 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: PCSO
Name: Chris
CC7242's Tacoma Gallery
Once you start doing mods, you cant stop. Trust me...lol

Welcome!
Old 01-18-2015, 06:04 PM   #3
68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
68dave's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome! And congrats on the new truck.