Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

New... What to do??

Old 05-03-2009, 09:43 AM   #1
rhollander is on a distinguished road
rhollander's Tacoma Gallery
New... What to do??

hey guys

So i just got my first tacoma (2009 PreRunner Access cab w/ TRD Off Road Package) and so far it is AMAZING!!! i have no negatives to it yet! I'm way stoked! But I still want to do some little mods and eventually get new wheels and tires and a leveling kit. Also with the engine I want to get a CAI and exhaust.... so do you guys have any recomendations for what i should get??? I'm open to really anything and I'm still trying to get used to a truck and its parts because I had a BMW before and it is completely different haha. So anything will help!

Thanks in advance!
Robert
Old 05-03-2009, 09:44 AM   #2
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome! well if you want to start small, cheap and easy, try the black headlight mod!
Old 05-03-2009, 09:46 AM   #3
oh ya i read about that... i think i would be to nervous to do it and break the light housings haha ill look into it more though haha
Old 05-03-2009, 09:49 AM   #4
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Its real easy as long as you take your time! I put mine in the oven for 15 mins at 200 and it pulled right apart! You can also change the color of your badges as well!
I assume you have read through this thread?

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...free-mods.html
Old 05-03-2009, 09:53 AM   #5
ya i have definitely read through that forum a couple times its pretty cool how easy somethings can be. howd u black out the emblems was it just black spray paint?
Old 05-03-2009, 09:54 AM   #6
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Yup, I used 10lbs fishing line and a hair dryer to get mine off. Then i scuffed them up with some sand paper, sprayed some adhesion promoter then finished with 5 coats of krylon fusion. I will try to find the write up
Old 05-03-2009, 09:55 AM   #7
awesome thanks man sounds pretty easy and cheap haha
Old 05-03-2009, 09:55 AM   #8
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Skip the CAI- Get an AFE filter and enjoy the gains from that. For exhaust- Get a flowmaster muffler installed on your stock piping for sound...or a Dynomax Super Turbo for performance.

Throw a URD MAF calibrator on there to tune the engine for the new intake/exhaust combo and you'll be in good shape.

For leveling- Check out Downsouthmotorsports.com and the bilstien 5100 shocks. For about 200 bucks you can get your level on.

There is a wet okole group buy going on right now for seat covers....Any interior touches you like (new radio, iPod adaptor, lights, etc)...Go for it man!!

Welcome to the board and enjoy the reads!!
Old 05-03-2009, 09:57 AM   #9
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/det...e-badging.html
Old 05-03-2009, 10:13 AM   #10
Who needs 4WD?
neslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Harrelsen
neslerrah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Skip the CAI- Get an AFE filter and enjoy the gains from that. For exhaust- Get a flowmaster muffler installed on your stock piping for sound...or a Dynomax Super Turbo for performance.

Throw a URD MAF calibrator on there to tune the engine for the new intake/exhaust combo and you'll be in good shape.

For leveling- Check out Downsouthmotorsports.com and the bilstien 5100 shocks. For about 200 bucks you can get your level on.

There is a wet okole group buy going on right now for seat covers....Any interior touches you like (new radio, iPod adaptor, lights, etc)...Go for it man!!

Welcome to the board and enjoy the reads!!

X2! This a great list to start with!
Old 05-03-2009, 10:32 AM   #11
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
If you do your own maintenance..... you need some hood struts & a Fumoto drain valve.

If you work in & around a lot of dirt.... you need some seat covers & floor mats.

If you haul anything in the bed....you need a bed mat & tonneau cover.

If you have a garage and opener...you need a homelink rearview mirror.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:11 AM   #12
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Fallbrook! Come over to Fiesta Island on Sat May 9th. There will be a group of us there hanging out. A meet and greet sort of thing. Welcome to TacomaWorld.