Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Need better sound in 2009 Access

Old 05-03-2009, 06:36 PM   #1
Jerry K is on a distinguished road
Jerry K's Tacoma Gallery
Need better sound in 2009 Access

I am looking to upgrade the sound system in my 2009 Tacoma I purchased. I purchased the access cab so if anyone has any ideas let me know. Thanks
Old 05-03-2009, 06:40 PM   #3
Jerry K's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, I will do that, I did see the custom sub box on 1 forum.
Old 05-03-2009, 06:44 PM   #4
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Yeah...Mr Marv is the audio dood around here- I'm sure he'll have a few posts in any audio thread you look at and can help you with additional ideas once you get a bit clearer picture of what you want.

Don't get me wrong...We love to help with stuff- but your post was REALLY general- If you have a lil bitt of an idea what you want (what brands you like...how much you can spend...features you need/want) it'll help out a ton with folks trying to give you a hand.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:35 PM   #5
Jerry K's Tacoma Gallery
It was really general. LOL I know this factory sound is not cutting it so I was looking for ideas. I don't care to rattle the windows with rap music. I listen to classic rock, country and other stuff just want to get something better. I had a ford ranger with High power deck pushing 6x9 door speakers and 5x7 rear speakers with a punch 600 amp pushing 2 8 INCH PUNCH SUBS and I loved that sound. The only thing I took from the truck was the amp and speaker box. The amp is usable and the speaker box is not since I don't want to clutter the acces cab with the box. I am thinking about upgrading the deck and speakers then add a 10 inch sub or use an 8 between the jumps seats. I have talked to a local audio store here in Richmond and they gave me some ideas just not sure which route to go yet. They were talking a grand to upgrade the deck install an amp and build a custom box. That price may have included upgrading the speakers also but I would have to double check. A grand is a bit more then I want to spend but 350.00 of that was a customer enclosure for a sub.

Hopefully this gives you a better idea of the trouble I am in. LOL

Thanks for your replies

Jerry
Old 05-03-2009, 07:42 PM   #6
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
hey jerry i live in richmond also and dont waste your money on paying someone to install, i have began a audio install on mine right now really not that hard i could help you with the install too