1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need better sound in 2009 Access

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Jerry K, May 3, 2009.

1. May 3, 2009 at 6:36 PM
    Jerry K

Jerry K [OP] Member

Member:
    Richmond Va
    Vehicle:
    09 TACOMA
    I am looking to upgrade the sound system in my 2009 Tacoma I purchased. I purchased the access cab so if anyone has any ideas let me know. Thanks

2. May 3, 2009 at 6:38 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Better speakers, and a better head unit...Feel free to read thru the Audio/Visual section to get reviews and suggestions on what brands and models people have had work well!!

Welcome to the board.

3. May 3, 2009 at 6:40 PM
    Jerry K

Jerry K [OP] Member

Member:
    Richmond Va
    Vehicle:
    09 TACOMA
    Thanks, I will do that, I did see the custom sub box on 1 forum.

4. May 3, 2009 at 6:44 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Yeah...Mr Marv is the audio dood around here- I'm sure he'll have a few posts in any audio thread you look at and can help you with additional ideas once you get a bit clearer picture of what you want.

Don't get me wrong...We love to help with stuff- but your post was REALLY general- If you have a lil bitt of an idea what you want (what brands you like...how much you can spend...features you need/want) it'll help out a ton with folks trying to give you a hand.

5. May 3, 2009 at 7:35 PM
    Jerry K

Jerry K [OP] Member

Member:
    Richmond Va
    Vehicle:
    09 TACOMA
    It was really general. LOL I know this factory sound is not cutting it so I was looking for ideas. I don't care to rattle the windows with rap music. I listen to classic rock, country and other stuff just want to get something better. I had a ford ranger with High power deck pushing 6x9 door speakers and 5x7 rear speakers with a punch 600 amp pushing 2 8 INCH PUNCH SUBS and I loved that sound. The only thing I took from the truck was the amp and speaker box. The amp is usable and the speaker box is not since I don't want to clutter the acces cab with the box. I am thinking about upgrading the deck and speakers then add a 10 inch sub or use an 8 between the jumps seats. I have talked to a local audio store here in Richmond and they gave me some ideas just not sure which route to go yet. They were talking a grand to upgrade the deck install an amp and build a custom box. That price may have included upgrading the speakers also but I would have to double check. A grand is a bit more then I want to spend but 350.00 of that was a customer enclosure for a sub.

Hopefully this gives you a better idea of the trouble I am in. LOL

Thanks for your replies

Jerry

6. May 3, 2009 at 7:42 PM
    Burgman

Burgman I KEEEEEL YOU

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Ric VA
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner TRD sport Silver
    K&N intake, Boston Acoustic SL 60 6.5 components up front, Rockford Power T16 6.5 in rear, Pioneer P4100 HU, Soon to be Pioneer Prs 4200f
    hey jerry i live in richmond also and dont waste your money on paying someone to install, i have began a audio install on mine right now really not that hard i could help you with the install too

Products Discussed in

To Top