1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rusty Frame? Toyota May fix it for free!

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Kyle00Taco, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Feb 4, 2015 at 12:11 AM
    Kyle00Taco

Kyle00Taco [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Western WA
    Vehicle:
    2000 Tacoma TRD Limited Debadged
    Offroad bumpers (Front and Rear), ToyTec Bilstein/Eibach Lift, Tinted Windows, Welded on rocksliders, 42inch lightbar w/ Toyota Devil Logo mounts, Stereo System, Cb/Pa, Billet Grille, Black Offset Wheels, Toolbox, Hurculiner roll on bedliner, Piaa Fogs, Flowmaster 10 series
    Well this is my first post on Tacoma World, so i think i will make it bitter sweet...
    As many of you may know, 1st Gen. Tacoma's have weak frames, and are know to rust and crack in places. After owning mine for roughly 2 years, it did just that. I had known for a while that my frame had large amounts of rust that i had taken an attempt at repairing before, but thats when the cracks began to show up around the rear end.
    Last week i was up with my Girlfriend and family up towards Evans Creek ORV park, a local place we all like to go in this area of Washington. I decided to climb up a small hill in 4Low, as my front tire drove up on top of a large rock, the rear end over flexed, causing the leaf spring perch to snap and taking a large portion of my frame along with it.. (shown in the pictures)
    Luckily that day, one of my buddies threw in a ratchet strap he didn't want in the bed of my Tacoma, so i proceeded to wrap the strap around the perch and the rock sliders to pull it as close back in place as possible, because i had to drive at least 20 miles back into town to call a friend with a flat bed trailer to pick me up.
    After doing plenty of research i started to find articles online on how Tacoma owners where getting their frames replaced by Toyota for free for having rust on them! I began to look into this after i tore down the rear end of my Tacoma in my garage and thought, i don't really think this is fixable... So a few calls where made, and come to find out, Toyota extended a warranty for 1995-2000 tacoma's for 15 years for rusty, broken, or corroded frames! This comes with the option of Toyota also paying top dollar to buy your Tacoma back! After hearing this i had my Tacoma towed to my local Toyota Dealership and i am now currently waiting on a Toyota representative to come out, assess the damage, and give me my options.
    If anyone else has had this happen to them let me know what you got out of it! Did you get your frame replaced? Or did you use it to buy a new vehicle? Im hoping to lean toward buying a new Tacoma and sticking with this forum!
    Thanks! -Kyle

FullSizeRender copy.jpg
    IMG_1488.jpg
    IMG_1535.jpg
    IMG_1544.jpg
    IMG_1522.jpg

2. Apr 12, 2015 at 4:18 AM
    2002Tacoma4x4

2002Tacoma4x4 TRD 4x4 double cab

Member:
    First Name:
    C K
    Vehicle:
    Limited Edition Double Cab TRD off road 4WD
    any update? what year is the taco 98- 2000? well just curious because reading on this web sounds is late for that generation, I just got on march 2000 4x4 TRD free of rust, I guess i'm just lucky...

3. Apr 18, 2015 at 12:32 AM
    Kyle00Taco

Kyle00Taco [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Western WA
    Vehicle:
    2000 Tacoma TRD Limited Debadged
    Offroad bumpers (Front and Rear), ToyTec Bilstein/Eibach Lift, Tinted Windows, Welded on rocksliders, 42inch lightbar w/ Toyota Devil Logo mounts, Stereo System, Cb/Pa, Billet Grille, Black Offset Wheels, Toolbox, Hurculiner roll on bedliner, Piaa Fogs, Flowmaster 10 series
    Yup, Toyota ended up giving me $11k for my truck and i got to take all of my aftermarket parts off of it! I put it towards a 2015 tacoma!

2002Tacoma4x4 likes this.
  4. Apr 18, 2015 at 8:32 AM
    Over da Hill

Over da Hill "Roads...where we're going we don't need roads"

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    15 Black Taco 4WD DC SB SC
    Supercharger, Icon stage 3 suspension, Pelfreybilt Armor, All-Pro Sliders & Leaf Pack, 17 inch Black Rhino Sidewinder wheels, 33 inch Toyo tires, Rigid Lighting, SPod,

Products Discussed in

To Top