Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Newbie Intro

Old 05-04-2009, 08:01 PM   #1
Tikabear is on a distinguished road
Tikabear's Tacoma Gallery
Newbie Intro

I bought my truck in February 2009 after driving a '97 Nissan XE 5spd for about 10 years and really wanting an automatic transmission. It's an 08 Access Cab SR5 4 banger. I had been looking on and off and the Nissan only had 140K on it but when I found this truck in the color I wanted - white - I began talking to the wife.

I still tell her how much I love driving the Toyota. It rides great and I enjoy just sitting back and enjoying the ride rather than shifting. This is my first automatic in over 20 years. Compared to the old Nissan, it's a Cadillac - nothing against Nissan - that was a great little truck and I would have kept it had it been an auto. Just getting old but not old enough to think about mods.

I am considering a stereo upgrade and have a plan of what I want to do but I think I need to deal with the rims and tires first. The truck just seems too big for the stock wheels and tires.

This isn't my first Toyota Truck. I had a blue '87 reg cab 4 speed bare bones 2wd pickup that I ran up to 200K before I sold it. It was a great truck and an lot of fun. My wife has an '05 Camry and we haven't had any problems with it. Toyotas have changed A LOT since 1987.

This is a great forum and I've broused and searched. I've already found information that has been helpful. Look foward to learning more about my truck and from what others have done with theirs. Good to be here!
Old 05-04-2009, 08:15 PM   #2
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!!
Old 05-04-2009, 08:22 PM   #5
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
welcome.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:28 PM   #7
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
welcome to tw! great to have you here.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:14 PM   #9
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Glad to have you on board. Remember, one mod at a time. It's easier on the wife's pocketbook. Welcome to TacomaWorld.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:28 AM   #11
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW
Old 05-07-2009, 04:51 AM   #12
wbhvacer is one of the sharper tools in the shedwbhvacer is one of the sharper tools in the shedwbhvacer is one of the sharper tools in the shedwbhvacer is one of the sharper tools in the shedwbhvacer is one of the sharper tools in the shedwbhvacer is one of the sharper tools in the shedwbhvacer is one of the sharper tools in the shedwbhvacer is one of the sharper tools in the shedwbhvacer is one of the sharper tools in the shedwbhvacer is one of the sharper tools in the shedwbhvacer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: 46210 munitions system spec. F-4 phantom
wbhvacer's Tacoma Gallery
welcome