1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

(Potential) 2016 newbie

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Abecker, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Feb 19, 2015 at 2:48 PM
    Abecker

Abecker [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Rhode Island
    Vehicle:
    2015 BRM DCLB 4X4 V6 TRD Sport
    Front Toytec at 1.75, deaver AAL, 255/80r17 BFG KM2s, no diff drop no spacers.
    Hi all, I'm not sure I qualify as a new member yet (do I need to actually own one to be?) or am just a new lurker!

Anyway, I've been stuck in an economy commuter car for 4.5 years. Loan will be paid off in 6 months... Still have some older 4X4s but nothing I can rely on for long trips. I'd really like to get into a more adventure capable focused vehicle for kayaks/surfboards/bicycles/campgear and ended up here due to the combination of 4X4/clearance/cargo space/RI law for under 7 to not be in front seat/narrow width.

With that said I'm looking at the release of the 2016 tacoma SR5, for the hopeful mpg gain from 2nd gen. If I pull the trigger it'd be specifically for a dclb.

So I will be spending endless nights reading about mods and the obscene amount of info regarding lifts/tires! Although, unfortunately I'm far removed from Anza now and don't have much available to make it matter from a wheeling performance perspective, just looking to make it look more like a truck should. Granted I most like the 6 inch lift 35" tire look, its not practical for my 2X a week 72 mile commute so I'm thinking about the best 3 inch lift and 285 ATs and fog lights that will fit my needs, make that desires as stock will probably fit my actual needs in reality.

One question I already have is, after I put the research time in, where should I post questions considering my intentions - straight to a DCLB thread, or a new general post?

Hoping for specs that read 25 mpg (or more) on the 4X4,

Aaron

2. Feb 19, 2015 at 3:45 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Welcome!

Products Discussed in

To Top