1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tires for a 2015 Taco

Discussion in 'New Members' started by tbone75, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Feb 27, 2015 at 9:39 PM
    tbone75

tbone75 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Victoria BC
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma
    Hey, just bought my first truck!!! I love it! Now I want to trade stock Dunlop tires for something a bit more rugged. Any suggestions??

2. Feb 27, 2015 at 9:48 PM
    wanna taco

wanna taco What's my name?

Member:
    First Name:
    alan
    SF Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    '15 DCSB TRD Sport 4x2 Barcelona Red!
    TRD Sport with a whole Shitload of TwoBitDiddlySquat Running Boards/Roof Rack/Bed Mat; Tint all around; W/Tech Liners; Extant Hard Trifold; P&L; Relentless tailgate mod; Amp Bed Step; TracOne; Rear headrest Delete; rear window lock rod; tailgate EZ hose clamp; Kahtec 3rd lite flasher; Muth Signal Mirrors; 894 (38W) Fog Reverse Bulbs; Seat belt extenders; Seat belt chime silenced; Fumoto Kwik Valve; RideRites/Daystars; Eyebolts; SS D Rings; Viair 70P; Lund hitch Bed Extender; Custom Windshield Rock Chips; ...
    You should have thought of that before you bought it, and specified a tire more to your liking.

3. Feb 27, 2015 at 9:52 PM
    mick478

mick478 He is The STig

Member:
    First Name:
    Bott
    Stockton, CACA
    Vehicle:
    2011 White TRD Sport, 4x4 doublemint cab
    Ome 885 coils Ome n9000 front shocks Ome n182 rear shocks K&n drop in filter Duratracs Kenwood kac 90210d Kicker 12" Alpine 800 watt 4 channel Pioneer 430w 6x9 Firestone ride rite air springs
  4. Mar 1, 2015 at 10:10 PM
    JonahsTaco

JonahsTaco New Member

Member:
    British Columbia
    Leveled, Rigid Industries 20" light bar and front grill, Leer Cap.
    Hey T Bone.
    Congrats on the ride!!
    Full disclosure - I am a HUGE fan of Toyo Tires. Lots of other manufacturers build good tires and there are lots of good tire dealers out there. I am biased .... . ;)

I will assume that you are looking for an all terrain design, something more aggressive than the OE tire. For smooth and quiet, with solid off road capabilities I would use the Toyo AT2. That is what I use. The tire is the roundest tire made and is arguably the quietest ans most comfortable AT tire on the market. You've got options - ply rated or P-Metric.

Go see OK Tire in Saanichton. Speak with Paul or Wade, great guys!!

If you want get into something a little more serious, go for the new Toyo OPCT. It has a mountain/snowflake, is built on the Toyo OPMT casing and is made to wear and resist chipping in aggressive off-road situations. They only make in a ten ply option.

I use a P265/70R17 winter and a LT285/70R17 LRE AT2 outside of winter driving.

Hope this helped a little. Looking forward to hearing back on your decision.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
  5. Mar 3, 2015 at 7:32 AM
    Rolis12

Rolis12 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rolis12
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2015 5lug access auto
    Goodyear Wrangler TrailMark 31's. F.B's 2.75" spacer, TRD rear shocks, stub antenna, ripped out charcoal filter added AFE dry, Chrome grille, upgraded to SR5 sun visors, variable wipers, backup camera, HID DDM 35w 5000kv, ebay fogs w/yellow LEDs.
    i love my 235/75/15 Goodyear wranglers so far!
    i got $120 im trade for the dunlops and paid 180 outta pocket here in San Diego.
    Good luck![​IMG]

6. Mar 3, 2015 at 7:38 AM
    Crusher

Crusher How deep do you think that is?

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Greater YYJ
    Vehicle:
    06 DCLB TRD nekkid
    Debadged, Blacked out grille emblem, Alum headache rack & bed rails, OME 886 springs, OME Nitro's all around, Dakars, ARB Deluxe bull bar with Warn VR8000, leather front seats
    I agree with JonahsTaco, I have had Toyo M/T's on my truck for a couple years now, a little loud on the highway but awesome off road and tough as nails. Got them after blowing two BFG AT's on the same day in Osoyoos.
    Not great on the road in snow but I live in Victoria so whatever...

Products Discussed in

To Top