1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Year of hard work finally has paid off!

Discussion in 'New Members' started by WheelInTheSky, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Mar 5, 2015 at 3:36 PM
    WheelInTheSky

WheelInTheSky [OP] Ramblin' Man

Member:
    First Name:
    G
    Jackson Hole
    Vehicle:
    02 XtraCab 4x4 SR5-speed
    Hi TW!

Thanks for all the help over the past year. I've been a hardcore lurker and I'm pleased to announce that I finally have a Taco in the shape of an '02 Ext. cab 5-speed 4x4 SR5.

About a year ago I decided to abandon my (at the time) current pursuits and start workin hard in the hopes that I'd be able to buy a truck that was capable of carrying me around the country for a few years of exploration and adventure. I'm finally there and it feels great, bought this beaut just 2 days ago!

Lookin forward to riding through each state and visiting every National Park on my journey. Here's hopin that I'll see some of you lovely folk along the way! :rolleyes:

0303151737.jpg

2. Mar 5, 2015 at 3:41 PM
    Steves104x4

Steves104x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Buffalo NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 RC 2.7 4x4
    BUCKLE UP! It makes it harder for Aliens to pull you out of your Truck.
    Well done, G. Well done.

3. Mar 5, 2015 at 3:45 PM
    neverstuck

neverstuck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vancouver Island
    Vehicle:
    13 DCLB sport
    slide-in camper, OME Nitros w 884's and Dakars, Michelin A/T2, Pro EFX heated towing mirrors, Timbren HD bumpstops, KB VooDoo bed rails and tailgate cap, ImMrYo rvm bracket, G-Tek Fab door sill protectors, Ultragauge, window visors, hood deflector, Wet Okole seatcovers, in-vehicle safe.
    Nice truck. When you say each state don't forget Alaska. That way you get to see British Columbia as well.

4. Mar 5, 2015 at 4:03 PM
    07regtacoman

07regtacoman Well-Known Member

Member:
    Davis Ca
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver REG Cab
    Painted arm rests, 2011 front grille,Readylift for 5lug.
    Miles?Interior shots?Love the first gens.

5. Mar 5, 2015 at 4:08 PM
    Clearwater Bill

Clearwater Bill Never answer an anonymous letter

Member:
    First Name:
    Billy
    Largo Florida
    Vehicle:
    '13 5 lug AC w/convenience package
    A few OE parts from fancy trucks
    Congrats.

Sounds like a great adventure.

Take care to get a good mechanical baseline on your vehicle before heading out, pack a decent tool set and a code scanner (ScanGauge would be handy) and you should wind up fairly self sufficient. Hopefully not having to use any of those things.

6. Mar 5, 2015 at 4:09 PM
    WheelInTheSky

Member:
    First Name:
    G
    Jackson Hole
    Vehicle:
    02 XtraCab 4x4 SR5-speed
    Thanks brother, I went through quite a few trials to get here. A Ford Ranger and a Dodge Caravan are both looking up at me with jealousy in their eyes at this point.

As for miles and pics it had 167,300 when purchased and I've put on 100 since. The interior is quite clean but as it is after dark here in the heart of it all I'll be waiting for morning before giving you any more pics.

7. Mar 5, 2015 at 4:21 PM
    WheelInTheSky

Member:
    First Name:
    G
    Jackson Hole
    Vehicle:
    02 XtraCab 4x4 SR5-speed
    Don't you worry for even a minute that I'll skip out on Alaska! I've been plannin' on spending a few months up there for a while now and recently a good buddy of mine has confessed his desire to do the same. I may even go so far as to buy a piece of undeveloped land at auction so I may live as a resident caretaker. :thumbsup:

Only state I might miss out on is Hawai'i which I'm quite sad about. If there was a cheaper way to get myself and this lovely truck to kaua'i then I'd be there in a heartbeat!

8. Mar 5, 2015 at 10:32 PM
    tacorgidor

tacorgidor I4C4LO

Member:
    SoCal - LA area
    Vehicle:
    '15 MGM DCLB 4X4
    Billie 5100's all around, 885's, Dakars, Wet Okole front seat covers, Weather Tech mats front and rear, NFab nerf bars, front mud flaps removed, hoseclamp tailgate mod, front badge color match, cb antennae mount in a bed cleat, 4' Wilson antennae, salex console organizer, led's in map and dome lights, plasti dip all badges black, bedside stickers removed, OEM exhaust tip, plastidip hood scoop black, bed rail mounted military can, maglite seat mount mod, TRD shift knob, OEM bed mat, bottle opener bed mod, window tint on fronts, uniden 520xl cb, Redline hood struts, OEM front skid plate(silver),RuggedT bedside decals, Yakima cross bars and Yakima Load Warrior basket, cali raised amber pod, cali raised 31" light bar in lower valence, painted engine cover, 7 pin relocate. Blue sea fuse box, Softopper black. Shmelfab sliders
    Great story bro, you earned a sweet truck! Congrats and welcome to TW!

9. Mar 6, 2015 at 12:20 PM
    WheelInTheSky

Member:
    First Name:
    G
    Jackson Hole
    Vehicle:
    02 XtraCab 4x4 SR5-speed
    Alright Tacoman, ask and ye shall receive!

Only thing not pictured is the floor mats 'cause I haven't taken the time to clean them yet:D Keep in mind that this is stock and I've already got plenty of improvements in the works, top of the list being to grind down the front plate on my water pump so that the thermostat lining doesn't leak!

0306151248c.jpg
    0306151250.jpg
    0306151251.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top