1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

ABS CONCERNS PLEASE HELP!!!

Discussion in 'New Members' started by turkleyburkley, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Mar 8, 2015 at 3:21 PM
    turkleyburkley

turkleyburkley [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner Tacoma
    Tires, Rims, Exhaust
    I have a 2012 toyota tacoma with the TRD Sports Package and i removed both ABS fuses and broke the ABS fuse No. 1 in the process. Now that I have both of them out, my ABS light is on, as well as my parking break light. The parking break light is the problem I am concerned about because I would not like to be driving around with my parking break on at all times seeing that it could cause some serious complications to my truck. Is the brake automatically turned on with the removal of that fuse or is it nothing to worry about?

2. Mar 8, 2015 at 4:09 PM
    wanna taco

wanna taco What's my name?

Member:
    First Name:
    alan
    SF Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    '15 DCSB TRD Sport 4x2 Barcelona Red!
    TRD Sport with a whole Shitload of TwoBitDiddlySquat Running Boards/Roof Rack/Bed Mat; Tint all around; W/Tech Liners; Extant Hard Trifold; P&L; Relentless tailgate mod; Amp Bed Step; TracOne; Rear headrest Delete; rear window lock rod; tailgate EZ hose clamp; Kahtec 3rd lite flasher; Muth Signal Mirrors; 894 (38W) Fog Reverse Bulbs; Seat belt extenders; Seat belt chime silenced; Fumoto Kwik Valve; RideRites/Daystars; Eyebolts; SS D Rings; Viair 70P; Lund hitch Bed Extender; Custom Windshield Rock Chips; ...
    Can't answer for sure in this electronic age, but you can easily find out if the parking brake is actually on by applying the parking brake to compare the difference. Why not just replace the fuses?

3. Mar 8, 2015 at 4:14 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    To disable the ABS

4. Mar 8, 2015 at 4:20 PM
    vbibi

vbibi Well-Known Member

Member:
    san fransisco bay area
    Vehicle:
    2009 4door long bed
    I do not think the e brake is on, you have to set it to the floor in order to actually press the brakes. Probably the only think mechanically controlled function left in our truck.

5. Mar 8, 2015 at 4:23 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi

Driving on low traction surfaces like snow

Products Discussed in

To Top