1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Happy Hump Day - New Member Saying Hello

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Travel John, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Mar 11, 2015 at 9:29 AM
    Travel John

Travel John [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Puget Sound
    Vehicle:
    07 DCSB 4x4 Off Road
    OME 886 w/ Dakar & Nitros, ARB Bull Bar, All Pro Sliders w/ Kick-Outs, "grey wire" mod, ABS Kill Switch, CB Install, Rino Rack Awning, James Baroud RTT
    Hey Folks- Happy Wednesday.

I'm new to TW, and happy to be here. My truck is a '07 DCSB, automatic, Turd Off Road w/ tow package. Currently I am rolling on BFG A/T which I have been a long time fan of (had them on my 1st Gen for years too). I've got an ARB Bull Bar up front, All Pro sliders w/ Kick Outs and a couple little things - Blue Sea Aux Fuse Box, Cobra CB, Aux Stereo Input, "Grey Wire" mod, ABS Kill Switch, red LED map lights. At home I've got some LED Spot Lights for the front and rear which I am working on brackets for. Pulling the trigger on a lift soon, but still debating between OME & ICON C/Os... Yes I know ICON is a better product, but I'm just not sure if I will utilize the advantages to their full potential. My build is more an expedition build, whether its a cross country dive full of side trips or a weekend trip into the mountains. Primarily the truck is my method of transportation to the woods, rather than through the woods. I use my feet, pedal bike, or dirt bike to overland once I am there. I do not ever intent to put massive tires on my truck or wheel spacers or go over 2.5" lift. My dream is to take a sabbatical from work and spend a couple of years driving around the world (I have been saving $$$ since I was 21).

Currently I am working on building a mounting system off my bed rails for my Hi-Lift, axe, shovel, fire extinguisher. I've got some great ideas from TW, so I thought I should join to start sharing my ideas. Once I'm done with the bed mounting system, I plan to start working on a roof rack for over the cab, low profile and mulch-configurable. I recently purchased a Hobart 140, which has given me so much more capability to fab at home!.

Petrol Power wise, I've got my truck and a '09 Yamaha WR250. Sustainable Energy wise, I've got a handful of bicycles (steel touring, beach cruiser, mountain bike & some beaters) as well as a '14.2 Catalina and 22' Catalina on the lake.

Cheers!
    John

Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
  2. Mar 14, 2015 at 8:09 AM
    mattgecko

mattgecko The LED Lighting Guy. MattGeckoLEDs.com

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    South San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCSB O.R. 4wd TRD Super Charged