Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

future 09 owner!

Old 05-12-2009, 06:05 PM   #1
UrbanOffroader has a spectacular aura aboutUrbanOffroader has a spectacular aura aboutUrbanOffroader has a spectacular aura about
UrbanOffroader's Tacoma Gallery
future 09 owner!

Hi all. This is my first post on TW. Just introducing myself. Names Ryan, im from northern NJ. Ive been poking around this site for months now as I plan on buying an 09 DC short bed within the next month or so.

I am not a car newb by any means but this will be my first truck. Ive been into imports for years and am currently rockin an 02 WRX. I think ive been a truck guy at heart for a while and I know this because my WRX has mudflaps, a light bar with hella 500ff's and has been places that many people would not even take a truck. Ive had it bottomed out in sand, stuck in two feet of snow and bogged down in mud So naturally, the logical choice is a truck!

Since you all are the experts, im going to let ya'll help me out a bit. I know for sure that I want the double cab with the short bed, im just torn between the TRD sport and offroad. I love the color matched pieces on the sport but I love the idea of the rear locker on the offroad along with the other features it comes with. It will be a daily driven car, about 50% highway, 35% city and 15% off road. My offroading will include dirt roads, lake effect snow in upstate NY, some light sand and light mud. I will also be towing a trailer on occasion (no more than 2k lbs.) and have an atv in the bed.

The question... will the LSD on the sport suit my needs? Is the locker a huge advantage over the LSD for mild offroading? What do you all think is the best choice for me? Thanks in advance!

Sorry for a long first post
Ryan
Old 05-12-2009, 06:07 PM   #3
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
if you are towing and hauling an ATV at the same time just be sure you are not over loading the rear end in with weight, I have no idea what the tongue weight of your trailer is or the wieght of tha ATV though.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:40 PM   #5
UrbanOffroader has a spectacular aura aboutUrbanOffroader has a spectacular aura aboutUrbanOffroader has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester243 View Post
if you are towing and hauling an ATV at the same time just be sure you are not over loading the rear end in with weight, I have no idea what the tongue weight of your trailer is or the wieght of tha ATV though.
In the bed would go a sport atv (suzuki z400) roughly 400lbs. The trailer is only large enough for one more atv sized vehicle so Im not too worried about weight although ive never actually measured the tounge weight. Will the towing features (downhill assist/anti rollback) on the TRD offroad be that much of an advantage to warrant purchasing that over the sport?
Old 05-13-2009, 03:24 AM   #7
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, I don't know much about that (locker & stuff). I do know that I can welcome you to TacomaWorld. Welcome!
Old 05-13-2009, 06:20 AM   #8
^^ haha thanks! and thanks to the rest also!
Old 05-13-2009, 06:37 AM   #9
MUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to all

MUDFISH's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome... I would go with the Sport... Honestly, there aren't many places to go off road in NY, and f you know of anywhere in the central NY area be sure to post them...

Oh, and let's see the WRX... sounds nice...
Old 05-13-2009, 07:09 AM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDFISH View Post
Welcome... I would go with the Sport... Honestly, there aren't many places to go off road in NY, and f you know of anywhere in the central NY area be sure to post them...

Oh, and let's see the WRX... sounds nice...
I think youre right. Since it will be a daily driver and like you said, theres no real serious offroading around here, the sport should do nicely. And as requested... some of the urbanoffroader.

my buddy tryin to dig it out... never happened, got yanked out by a Titan V8
Old 05-13-2009, 07:12 AM   #11
MUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to all

MUDFISH's Tacoma Gallery
I've never been a fan of WRX's unless they are Baja inspired... looking good...
Old 05-14-2009, 12:18 AM   #12
TX
TEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TEX357's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome!