Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

1st Post

Old 05-14-2009, 08:22 PM   #1
James08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

James08's Tacoma Gallery
1st Post

Hello!

I'm picking up my Tacoma Monday because I don't get back in to Kansas City till after the dealer closes on Saturday.

Right before I left town my 02 Mitsu Diamante was acting up, and I didn't want to pay for the repairs so I decided to buy something else after I got a trade quote on my car. I found two 08 Tacoma Access Cab TRDs about 40 miles from where I live, so I put a deposit down on one and I can't wait to pick it up Monday. I've wanted a 4x4 Toyota truck since I was a little kid (I'm 28 now), and it seems like I've looked at one every time I've bought a car but I just haven't pulled the trigger. This time I'm going to get what I've been trying to ever since I got my license.

The deal:

The truck I think I'm going to buy is the black one I attached. It is a 2008 4x4 TRD V6 Auto with 15,000 miles on it. I got them down to $21,500 for the truck, and they are giving a more than fair price on my trade considering the condition of my current car and that I'm not fixing it.

The silver truck is also an 08 4x4 TRD V6, but it has a manual with 11,000 miles. They want $2,000 more for that truck, but I don't really know enough about them to know if it is worth the extra $2k.

Basically I know one has a hood scoop, and a manual and the other doesn't and it is an auto. I found these while I was out of town, so I haven't been able to see them in person yet.

Thoughts? I still have until Monday to decide unless the silver truck sells.
Attached Thumbnails
1st Post-tacoma-1.jpg   1st Post-tacoma-2.jpg   1st Post-tacoma-3.jpg   1st Post-tacoma-4.jpg  
Old 05-14-2009, 08:24 PM   #2
James08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

James08's Tacoma Gallery
Silver Truck.
Attached Thumbnails
1st Post-tacoma-5.jpg   1st Post-tacoma-6.jpg   1st Post-tacoma-7.jpg   1st Post-tacoma-8.jpg  
Old 05-14-2009, 08:25 PM   #3
mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
FlawedXJ's Tacoma Gallery
get the silver. Rugged trail editions are a dime a dozen on car lots. They can't get rid of them.
Old 05-14-2009, 08:29 PM   #4

James08's Tacoma Gallery
What is the rugged trail edition? What are the differences between the black one and silver one? Is it really worth $2K? I'm asking because I have no idea, but I want to make an informed decision. I'm only looking at $30 a month differnce.
Old 05-14-2009, 08:29 PM   #5
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
That Black BAJA Tacoma is awesome.. Ive always loved those trucks. I would go with the BAJA
Old 05-14-2009, 08:30 PM   #6
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
The black one is the Rugged Trail. The only difference i see is that one is the Sport and one is the RT.

Alos could be Auto vs Manual
Old 05-14-2009, 08:42 PM   #7

James08's Tacoma Gallery
I was already planning to remove the extra size mountains on the TRD sticker if I get the black one. I like the black wheels, and I'm being transferred to LA at the end of the year so I'm thinking I might really regret having a manual. LA traffic sucks, but it is even worse with a manual. I guess I wouldn't have to work legs at the gym as often.... Ha!

If the only difference is the hood scoop, transmission and wheels I don't think I can justify spending an extra $1,800 to $2,400 over the life of the loan. I'm sure I can swap out the hood for one with a scoop on it and sell the current one on ebay for a lot less than that. It is amazing that $30 to $40 makes that big of a difference in the end.
Old 05-14-2009, 08:44 PM   #8
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah it really does. What you could always do if you get the RT is get a scoop hood for it (that would look SICK!) But then the Sport has very comfortable seats and Auto
Old 05-14-2009, 08:45 PM   #9

James08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post
Yeah it really does. What you could always do if you get the RT is get a scoop hood for it (that would look SICK!) But then the Sport has very comfortable seats and Auto
I was just editing my post to say swapping the hood. The RT is the one with the auto, but I didn't know the Sport has different seats.
Old 05-14-2009, 08:54 PM   #10
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Oh really. Thats odd.... Heres my Sport seats.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:51 PM   #11
TX
TEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TEX357's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome!!
Old 05-14-2009, 11:53 PM   #12
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
welcome
Old 05-17-2009, 12:50 PM   #13
Rigger, Please
AFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: (2T2X1)Air Force Rigger
Name: "Butters"
AFButters's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to Tacoma World
Old 05-17-2009, 01:10 PM   #14
rpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to behold

rpoint16's Tacoma Gallery
WELCOME!

I live in PHX, via St.Joseph, MO.

Any Tacoma is a GOOD Tacoma. I always had extended cabs, but my dbl cab is awsome. If your looking at late models, it's always better buying from an individual than a dealer.

Good Luck
Old 05-17-2009, 01:13 PM   #15

James08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpoint16 View Post
WELCOME!

I live in PHX, via St.Joseph, MO.

Any Tacoma is a GOOD Tacoma. I always had extended cabs, but my dbl cab is awsome. If your looking at late models, it's always better buying from an individual than a dealer.

Good Luck
Thanks. The money I'm getting out of my trade and unloading my car without the hassle is worth the dealer premium to me at this point. If my car was worth more I would sell it privately and buy a truck privately, but that isn't the case at this point....
Old 05-17-2009, 01:34 PM   #16
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
hello James! Welcome to the forum
Old 05-17-2009, 03:16 PM   #17
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
The sport doesn't have a locking rear diff.How hard do you play off road?You could go after market and have a locker installed in the sport. Keep the 2k.Welcome to TW.
Old 05-17-2009, 05:01 PM   #18

James08's Tacoma Gallery
From what I've been told I'm going with the Rugged Trail because I would rather have the Off Road package and keep the $2,000 than the Sport. Thanks for the help. I'll put some pictures up after I tint the windows Tuesday.

I'm also buying an ipod/hd radio kit from peripheral, so I'll let you guys know how that install goes.
Old 05-17-2009, 05:24 PM   #19
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Oops...Got them mixed up. Yeah, Keep the cash.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:41 PM   #20
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
So did you get it? Which one? Today is monday! Either way, I hope you're now a Tacoma owner. With that said... Welcome to TacomaWorld (brother). LOL. Now post pictures. We're all visual people around here.