Notices

New Taco Guy

Old 05-17-2009, 04:42 PM   #1
a.s. is on a distinguished road

Name: Antonio
a.s.'s Tacoma Gallery
New Taco Guy

I figure - "Why not?"

I have an '07 sport package double cab in silver The only off-road it's seen (and wil most likely ever see) is a few dirt fireroads with big potholes. I put a mesh grill and a bull bar, plus a chrome tip for the exhaust (cheesy, I know).

I really want to make my truck a little "tougher" looking (sounding and handling too). I'm thinking dual tip exhaust, 5" lift kit, beefier tires...

Any suggestions? What about (relatively) cheap ideas for increasing HP?

This picture was taken when it was 12 days new, just after slamming a deer at 60mph. Thank goodness for the bull bar!
Old 05-17-2009, 05:00 PM   #2
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
HeLLo!! Welcome to the forum!! WOWza, did you get that fixed?
Old 05-17-2009, 05:12 PM   #3

a.s.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neontrail View Post
HeLLo!! Welcome to the forum!! WOWza, did you get that fixed?
Yea. It happened over 2 years ago. My "guy" appraised the damage at just over 8K. Insurance covered it. "Don't worry about the deductable." LOL

Since then I've managed to ping-pong the right side off a guard rail on an icy road, side swipe a tree on a wet dirt road and banged up the rear corner backing into a metal fence at 5am on my way to work. (I was tired and hungover). Oh, and I lost a mudguard on a snow drift somewhere.

I like to push my vehicles (or I'm just a bad driver).
Old 05-17-2009, 07:45 PM   #4
TX
TEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TEX357's Tacoma Gallery
Nice Truck! Welcome!
Old 05-18-2009, 06:44 AM   #5
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to the forum from Vermont
Old 05-18-2009, 10:44 AM   #6
Danzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
Danzer's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome. Good thing you had the Bull Bar to help a little with the impact. Lift and tires would def make it look tougher.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:20 PM   #7
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
about the truck.
Welcome to TacomaWorld!
Old 05-19-2009, 08:32 AM   #9

a.s.'s Tacoma Gallery
Thanks. Looking forward to getting some tech tips from y'all.
Old 05-19-2009, 05:39 PM   #12
Jazzfan has a spectacular aura aboutJazzfan has a spectacular aura aboutJazzfan has a spectacular aura about

Jazzfan's Tacoma Gallery
Ouch!! Well welcome anyway...