1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Thinkin about getting back into it

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Cheesycook, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Jun 11, 2009 at 3:46 AM
    Cheesycook

Cheesycook [OP] Geek with a gun

Member:
    Hermiston, OR
    Vehicle:
    01 4x4 DC Tacoma V6
    Howdy! Used to have an 86 4x4 with the 22R. Went Jeep for years and recently sold my modified Wrangler for a more family Subaru Impreza. Trying to make a case with the wife why she should take my Impreza and let me trade her 97 Outback on a 98-00 extended cab Taco. I do have a 1 year old son. It there any way to mount a child seat in an extended cab? Front seat is legal in a pickup right?

2. Jun 11, 2009 at 4:01 AM
    MiikeyD

MiikeyD The Green Machine

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Upland, CA
    Vehicle:
    Green Prerunner DC 2.7L
    Suspension / Wheels / Tires 3.5" Fabtech lift w/ AAL 265/75/16 BFG A/T American Racing Baja Audio Alpine HU CDA-9886 Kicker DS650 Z-Edition 1000W Memphis M3 US Amps 4000W 2.5Farad Cap Lighting 6000K HID 2 Hella 500FF 2 Aux Bed Lights 2 Aux Driving Lights Performance Volant CAI Flomaster Super 44 Doug Thorley Long Tube headers (coming soon) NGK Iridium Sparkplugs Accessories Scanguage II Cobra LTD27-NW with 3' Firestik Radio Shack Triple Trunking Scanner Harbor Freight Hi-Lift Cosmetics Flat Black Bumper Trim Flat Black Grill Surrounding with Satoshi Clear Corners Future Modifications (not specific) Longtravel w/ king shocks or fox Caged bed Shackles rear suspension. Fox / king shocks custom front bumper Custom Glassworks extreme kit for 01-04 (only have hood and passenger side.. need driver panel) Supercharger + 8port intake manifold optima yellow top battery remounted new rims caged interior rear bench removal 4 sparc
    yeh but for safety reasons i wouldnt mount my child seat in the front no matter what. get a double cab. more practical since you have a 1 yo son. IMO. Im pretty sure the 2nd gen access cabs have enough space in the back but i wouldnt put my kids safety on it.

3. Jun 11, 2009 at 4:05 AM
    JDMcQ

JDMcQ Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    The Mushroom Capital of the World
    Definately get the Double Cab. The first time you have to put your kid and wife in the truck you will appreciate the extra room. I know that you have a 4 door already, but times will come when you need the family AND the truck.

4. Jun 11, 2009 at 4:05 AM
    Cheesycook

Cheesycook [OP] Geek with a gun

Member:
    Hermiston, OR
    Vehicle:
    01 4x4 DC Tacoma V6
    It would be a good reason to have my wife haul the kids around in her ride all the time. :D

5. Jun 11, 2009 at 4:07 AM
    JDMcQ

JDMcQ Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    The Mushroom Capital of the World
    True, but It never seems to work out that way.

Products Discussed in

To Top