Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Leaking 95

Old 11-29-2007, 05:15 PM   #1
beeztlytlr is on a distinguished road

beeztlytlr's Tacoma Gallery
Leaking 95

Just wanted to introduce myself, I'm new to the toyota thing, always been a full size domestic fan. I traded my 2000 Honda SuperHawk motorcycle for a 1995 toyota 4x4 regular cab two months ago. Back leafs were broken, replaced those and added 1.5" shackles. Fan clutch spit the bearings out the back side. Front left strut collapsed and now it looks like I'm loosing coolant from the head gasket behind the exhaust manifold. Is this normal for a truck with 160,000 on a 2.7???
Old 11-29-2007, 05:38 PM   #2
Pastry Chef
tacotoe is on a distinguished road
tacotoe's Tacoma Gallery
Darn the Luck

I doubt these ailments are common,on a well cared for vehicle.It sounds as if your Taco might have had a bit of an abusive previous owner.Hopefully w/a little TLC you can patch er back up.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:55 AM   #3
Jeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to all

Army: Sp4 in Personel Section HQ CO.
Jeff's Tacoma Gallery
I have to agree with tacotoe, it was "driven hard and put away wet" in reference to horses. Not sure about some of the problems but the fan clutch might give up at 160K, perhaps there are some TSB's on the head gasket but the rest are from lots of use, perhaps overloading, when it comes to springs.
On your next truck, maybe a trip to a local garage might be in order and have them check it over.
Jeff, 06,V6, 6spd SR5,Radiant Red.
Old 12-05-2007, 04:43 AM   #4
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
The older tacomas had a RECALL for the head gasket.
I found this - Unfortunately - it says this expired in 2004.
http://bigbri.com/images/SSC/x01intro.pdf

If anything - that document might give you some ideas of what the problem is. Perhaps your truck already had the recall and it's failing (again). I'm not sure....

Keep researching....
Old 12-05-2007, 06:29 AM   #5
Jeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to all

Army: Sp4 in Personel Section HQ CO.
Jeff's Tacoma Gallery
Some years ago a friend of mine came back from a weeks trip and jumped in his truck to go uptown and he got a half mile and his head gaskets blew. He had a mid 90's V6(with over 120K). The maint on his truck was perfect and he had all the paperwork to back it up. He had it fixed at a local shop and submitted the paperwork to Toyata, they reimbursed him for everything but the necessary oil change.
The key here is proven maint procedures, so I am doubt that it would apply to a taco with no maint records and some signs of hard use.
Jeff, V6 ,06,6spd , 4x4, SR5