Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Hi-Forum Noob Here

Old 07-03-2009, 05:49 AM   #1
geodan is on a distinguished road
geodan's Tacoma Gallery
Hi-Forum Noob Here

I've got a 2004 SR5 Xtra Cab Tacoma, bought new and now has 100K miles on it. Will be looking around the forum and getting some ideas for maintenence and minor upgrades. I'm a little confused about the valve train on my Taco though, the owner's manual says to replace the timing belt at 90K miles, but the Haynes manual I just purchased says the engine (2.7L 4 cylinder) has a timing chain. I was also under the impression that my engine had hydraulic lifters but the Haynes says its a bucket/shim solid lifter setup. I'll go start searching the forum to see what info I can uncover, but if anyone has a quick answer on this I'd appreciate it. Thanks!
Old 07-03-2009, 06:17 AM   #2
geodan is on a distinguished road
geodan's Tacoma Gallery
a quick search

showed mine is a chain drive, also saw posts on the cold-start knock/slap I get from the motor. Sounds like I don't need to worry about timing belt replacement. Thx-geodan
Old 07-03-2009, 10:01 AM   #5
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Woohoo HELLO!!

Welcome to the forum!