Notices

New member - On the prowl for a 1st Gen Taco

Old 07-03-2009, 11:08 AM   #1
Wanting A Tacoma
TexBC is on a distinguished road
TexBC's Tacoma Gallery
Talking New member - On the prowl for a 1st Gen Taco

Hey everyone,

I know this is nothing new - posts like this come up all the time on other forums I frequent (mostly fishing forums up here in BC, Canada), so I'll keep it short and sweet.

I'm in my late 20s, and have only ever driven Preludes. I loved driving Preludes growing up, but given the fact that I'm a fisherman and camper, I just can't justify trying to cram all my gear into the micro-trunk of a Prelude anymore, and my poor little car just can't handle the backroads up here in wild BC.

I've finally decided it's time to make the change, and am looking to sell off my 94 Prelude SR-V and buy a Tacoma instead... definitely going to be a 1st gen, as my budget has a VERY hard cap at $10K Cdn (which is around $8,600 USD).

I'll make a post elsewhere, but ya, that's my story!

Thanks all.

Tex
Old 07-03-2009, 11:10 AM   #2
Wanting A Tacoma
TexBC is on a distinguished road
TexBC's Tacoma Gallery
Oh, and for anyone that cares, here is my first car:

And my current ride, which will be decked out with a "for sale" sign pretty soon!

Here she is on a fishing trip from last fall to the northern interior of BC:

Cheers,
Tex
Old 07-03-2009, 11:11 AM   #3
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome and good luck