Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

New Taco owner

Old 07-04-2009, 06:04 PM   #1
Chillerguy is on a distinguished road

Air Force: 351 Strategic Missile Wing
Chillerguy's Tacoma Gallery
New Taco owner

Hi all! I am the proud owner of a 2001 TRD Tacoma. My sister in law bought it 3 years or so ago and I've ben drooling over it since. I told her when she sold it to let me know. Well, she finally decided to sell it and it couldn't have come at a better time. My T100 was getting long in the tooth (495,XXX miles and running strong) so I got it from her. It isn't perfect but its like new compared to my T100! Not to mention the 4wd will be great this winter compared to the 2wd T100. I usually ride a motorcycle but living in Northern Michigan that is only do-able for 6-8 months of the year. It needs shocks pretty bad and from looking around here it looks like Bilsteins are the way to go. Anyways, hope I can learn something here and maybe offer some advice from time to time.

Kirk.
Old 07-04-2009, 06:06 PM   #3
60% of the time it works every time
Hollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hollywood22's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW....post some pics of the new Taco and the T100 if you still have it.
Old 07-04-2009, 09:25 PM   #4
Begin With The End In Mind.
carmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: KEVIN
carmellocafe's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome...
That's a lot of miles for the T100. What's your secret? Anyways, there's plenty of great info. here. Enjoy!
Old 07-04-2009, 09:32 PM   #5
MMMMM Taco's
Taco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
Old 07-04-2009, 09:59 PM   #7
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Hello!

Welcome to the forum!
Old 07-05-2009, 09:54 AM   #11
Chillerguy is on a distinguished road

Air Force: 351 Strategic Missile Wing
Chillerguy's Tacoma Gallery
Well, aren't we a friendly bunch! I don't remember ever joining a forum and getting so many responses!

The T100 I can't take credit for. I paid $1000 for it 3 years ago and it had 470,000 on it. It was originally from California. I replaced the front brakes and alternator when I got and changed the oil and put gas in it for 2-1/2 years. The radiator died this spring so I replaced it and did a tune up on it. Sold it for $1000 to my in-laws who are going to use it to haul yard supplies. My oldest daughter wants to buy it back in a couple of years when she starts to drive. She absolutely loves it and we had taken to calling it "Bessie". It wasn't "the truck", it was "Bessie". I do have some pics of it, just have to find it. It definetely looks good for it mileage.

The Tacoma looks like any other white extended cab TRD. The front has been apart though, I'm guessing its been wrecked at some point. Coming from my sister in law I didn't look it over to well, just assumed. Oh well, it runs good and drives straight. I just won't be to hung up about scratching it now! One thing I would like to know, do the TRD's come with a front skid plate? I've been told they do and it looks as though there is a place to mount one underneath, but there isn't one there. Is it any good or should I just go after market? I plan on doing some off roading with it. There are some trails up here but nothing to extreme. Thanks!

Kirk