Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Is suspension lift worth the extra $?

Old 07-06-2009, 02:51 PM   #1
CUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of light

CUtigerfan's Tacoma Gallery
Is suspension lift worth the extra $?

I just got an 04 regular cab base model and couldn't find a lift that fit for a long time. (nobody wants to build a kit for the 5 lugs!) I did find the Fabtech 3in. spindle lift and was gonna lift the rear with longer shackles and replace the shocks all the way around with Rancho 5000s but it'll end up costing me $700 in parts plus $265 for labor and alignment. Is it worth $1000 for the suspension lift or should I just go with a body lift and buy new rims and tires with the money I would save? (If I do the suspension lift it will take a while to get the money for rims and tires.)
Old 07-06-2009, 02:53 PM   #2
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
suspension lift is a lot better

are you in clemson or elsewhere?
Old 07-06-2009, 03:12 PM   #3
TX
TEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TEX357's Tacoma Gallery
go with the suspension lift man!

Welcome!
Old 07-06-2009, 03:58 PM   #4
CUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of light

Naw, I'm not in tiger town. but Born and Bred a Tiger!!
Old 07-06-2009, 04:06 PM   #5

I love my truck and want to lift it and do it justice but my cousin has a 95 yota pickup with a 3in. body lift and 31in. Sport Kings on it. His truck convinced me to go yota and that thing has been abused and still runs great so I'm still not convinced to not go with the body lift. Everybody says you have to replace a bunch of stuff when you go with a suspension lift and the angles change. Sounds alot easier to go body.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:45 PM   #7
Begin With The End In Mind.
carmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: KEVIN
carmellocafe's Tacoma Gallery
Suspension!
Old 07-06-2009, 05:16 PM   #8
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUtigerfan View Post
I love my truck and want to lift it and do it justice but my cousin has a 95 yota pickup with a 3in. body lift and 31in. Sport Kings on it. His truck convinced me to go yota and that thing has been abused and still runs great so I'm still not convinced to not go with the body lift. Everybody says you have to replace a bunch of stuff when you go with a suspension lift and the angles change. Sounds alot easier to go body.
you still have to replace stuff when you lift the body up 3 inches...plus you get big ugly gaps between areas of the frame and body...

suspension wont do that...plus it can be done right and make the ride even better than it already is

body lifts can crack and break...
Old 07-06-2009, 05:19 PM   #9
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
What he said ^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 07-06-2009, 05:39 PM   #10

Sounds like suspension lift is the way to go but I don't really want to put a ton of money into this truck. I was dead set on getting a V6 4X4 access cab but when I found this truck for $5000 with less than 50000 miles I had to buy it. I guess I'll get some of what I put into it back if I sell it. anyone heard of another good suspension kit for a 5 lug that wont break the bank and a good all terrain tire?
Old 07-06-2009, 05:47 PM   #11
BravoZulu469 is just really niceBravoZulu469 is just really niceBravoZulu469 is just really niceBravoZulu469 is just really nice

BravoZulu469's Tacoma Gallery
i just bought a used 06 taco and the guy before me did a body lift and its causing some problems so i will be changing out the parts for a suspension lift. spending the money now for the suspension lift will be a good investment because you will likely change the components later anyways if you do a body. just remember that you get what you pay for
Old 07-06-2009, 05:49 PM   #12
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoZulu469 View Post
just remember that you get what you pay for
most important thing here