1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Another soon to be owner.....sometime soon

Discussion in 'New Members' started by beondwacko, Dec 7, 2007.

1. Dec 7, 2007 at 5:05 AM
    beondwacko

beondwacko [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    West Palm Beach, Florida
    Vehicle:
    08' X-Runner , Sirius radio, fog light mod. Much more to go.
    Hi Folks,

I've been lurking here for a while, reading posts, getting ideas of future mods' and such. I'm a soon to be owner of an 08' X-Runner in black sand pearl. I prefer this site over another Tacoma x-runner site that will remain nameless. Too many kids over there for my patience to handle. Besides, how exciting is a 30-50mph street race? 14.5 second 1/4 mile times(after doing various mods') aren't quick in my book and personally speaking, the X-Runner is not either. I have a bike to ride when I want to go quickly and the 10.30's-10.50's @ 135 mph is pretty quick and that's the range I run at my local drag strip on my CBR1100XX.

I currently own a 00' S-10 short bed/reg cab 2wd with a decent amount of mods. So far I've done the following on it. 1.25" front sway bar,7/8" rear bar, Bilstien shocks, ZQ8 5 star rims, 255/50/16 tires, cross drilled rotors, braided steel brake lines, HID headlights, ECU reprogram, cat back exhaust, K&N, tonneau cover, tint, and a few other things that I can't remember right now.

I plan on doing many of the same mods' to the X-runner such as the HID headlights, cat back exhaust( and in time headers ), short throw shifter, tonneau cover of some type, aftermarket rims, intake system, possibly a MAF tuning. I'm also going to be using the site to do the armrest mod( Great Idea!!), fog light mod', and possibly the black headlight mod as well.

I'm finding that my biggest problem with the X-runner is just finding one to test drive. The nearest dealer that has one is 50 miles away. The other two that are local to me want either $1K or $500 deposit just to get a truck in for me to try out. They never get any in for regular stock. I located one in Red at one dealer that I'm goingto try to test drive maybe this weekend if I can make the time.

Anyway,,,, that's about it for now. I just wanted to say a quick "hi" to all.

2. Dec 7, 2007 at 5:17 AM
    TheMaster

TheMaster Born to Ride

Member:
    First Name:
    Chicky Baby
    NY
    Vehicle:
    2007 DC TRD Sport
    Bug shield, window visors, skid plate, rust proofing, tonneau cover, paint & upholstery protection, side step bars, navigation system.
    Welcome to TW.

3. Dec 7, 2007 at 5:18 AM
    007Tacoma

007Tacoma I dub thee malicious!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 4Runner Trail Edition Premium
    Cloaking Device
    Welcome to TW!

4. Dec 7, 2007 at 7:23 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    Welcome to the site, i love X-runners. although if you dont consider it fast, why are you going with the X instead of a pre-runner or something else? just like being close to the ground?

5. Dec 7, 2007 at 7:51 AM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    welcome. my last truck before this one was a 00 regular cab xtreme...i've got a pic of it in my gallery, but the pic is before i did a front end swap from a sonoma...anywho...welcome aboard

6. Dec 7, 2007 at 7:57 AM
    MotoXFreeStyle61

MotoXFreeStyle61 Displaced Texan

Member:
    San Antonio TX
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5 4Cyl, Access Cab, 5
    Black Head Light Mod, Tacoma All Weather Mats, ScanGauge II, Tonnaeu Bed Cover, 40% Tint, Added Fog Lights, 600W x 1 Alpine MRP-M650 Amp, Alpine 10" Type-R SWR-1022D Sub, Secondary Air Filter Removed, Day Time Running Lights, K&N Drop In Air Filter (oiled), Westin Bullbar (Black Powder), Alpine IVA-W505 w/Nav, JL Audio 6.5" Front Speakers, Toyota SR5 Seat Covers, 2.5" Toytec Spacer
    Hey man those CBRs are nice bikes. Always been a fan of the hondas. Welcome to TW!

7. Dec 7, 2007 at 11:27 PM
    beondwacko

Member:
    West Palm Beach, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Yeah,,,,, I guess you can say that I like to be closer to the ground than say a pre-runner. Actually, I have this habit with most vehicles that I own that I like to improve the handling if possible. With handling comes stability in most cases and when traveling across state for instance( in Florida at least ) at cruising speeds of 80+mph, it's nice when you need your vehicle to be responsive when you need it. It's also nice to be able to carve a turn ever now and then. On top of all that though, the X-runner in black looks damm good IMHO.

8. Dec 7, 2007 at 11:42 PM
    TuRDTACO

TuRDTACO Carolina Alliance: Midwest Firearms Division

Member:
    joliet, il
    Vehicle:
    HAD 07 TRD OFFROAD PRERUNNER
    small dent on the hood, new foglight bulb, roughed up bedliner, been smoked in, suspicious stains on the passenger seat, boogers on the drivers seat, dirty floor mats, girl doodles on the dirty windows, loose wiring
    i carve canyon roads all day long in my 07 prerunner :D it might be a little bit of a challenge, a little slower and a little scarier put it puts hair on my balls haha

9. Dec 8, 2007 at 5:56 PM
    concrete jedi

concrete jedi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4 door indigo blue
    Broken and scratched tailgate, cracked rear tail light lens, coffee stain in driver seat.
    Welcome to TW, I guess it takes all kinds, i like going slow and easy, sitting a little higher, playing on the trails and fields. Our world is big enough for both of us to live in peace, so with that...peace !

10. Dec 8, 2007 at 6:16 PM
    beondwacko

Member:
    West Palm Beach, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Damm good attitude !!!:thumbsup:

I can appreciate being able to sit a little higher and do some off roading too. I at one time had a 4WD Suburban that I would take into the trails when I lived in New York.

I was just thinking about one thing though........

The pre-runner is rated with a 3/4 ton payload right? The X-runner is 900lbs. What I was wondering was the difference in the ride quality of one versus the other. I know that the FRONT spring rate of the X-Runner is 50% higher than the Pre-Runner, but the Pre-Runner has a higher spring rate on the rear leafs. I guess I'd have to drive 2 back to back to see for sure.

11. Dec 8, 2007 at 10:02 PM
    TuRDTACO

TuRDTACO Carolina Alliance: Midwest Firearms Division

Member:
    joliet, il
    Vehicle:
    HAD 07 TRD OFFROAD PRERUNNER
    small dent on the hood, new foglight bulb, roughed up bedliner, been smoked in, suspicious stains on the passenger seat, boogers on the drivers seat, dirty floor mats, girl doodles on the dirty windows, loose wiring
    if i was worried about maxing out the payload capacity of an X-runner i don't think i'd buy one...just my opinion

12. Dec 10, 2007 at 8:51 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    The x runner looks damn good any in any color. I know what you mean about handeling, before i had my truck i had an old beamer. The only mods i did were to the suspension and upgraded the brakes. it wasn't extremely fast but it was solid on the road. Anyway, post pics when you get get it and keep us updated on your mods. Welcome to the site!

13. Dec 10, 2007 at 9:17 AM
    Don G

Don G Old Goat

Member:
    Southern Tier New York
    Vehicle:
    "08" Tacoma Access Cab TRD Sport 4X4
    Welcome to the exciting world of Tacomania! ! ! These are some of the sharpist guys in the nation when it comes to Tacos, Beer, Babes and Boobs so listen to what they have to say and then get the one you want:D

Have Fun! !

Don G

Products Discussed in

To Top