Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Another soon to be owner.....sometime soon

Old 12-07-2007, 05:05 AM   #1
beondwacko has a spectacular aura aboutbeondwacko has a spectacular aura about

beondwacko's Tacoma Gallery
Another soon to be owner.....sometime soon

Hi Folks,

I've been lurking here for a while, reading posts, getting ideas of future mods' and such. I'm a soon to be owner of an 08' X-Runner in black sand pearl. I prefer this site over another Tacoma x-runner site that will remain nameless. Too many kids over there for my patience to handle. Besides, how exciting is a 30-50mph street race? 14.5 second 1/4 mile times(after doing various mods') aren't quick in my book and personally speaking, the X-Runner is not either. I have a bike to ride when I want to go quickly and the 10.30's-10.50's @ 135 mph is pretty quick and that's the range I run at my local drag strip on my CBR1100XX.

I currently own a 00' S-10 short bed/reg cab 2wd with a decent amount of mods. So far I've done the following on it. 1.25" front sway bar,7/8" rear bar, Bilstien shocks, ZQ8 5 star rims, 255/50/16 tires, cross drilled rotors, braided steel brake lines, HID headlights, ECU reprogram, cat back exhaust, K&N, tonneau cover, tint, and a few other things that I can't remember right now.

I plan on doing many of the same mods' to the X-runner such as the HID headlights, cat back exhaust( and in time headers ), short throw shifter, tonneau cover of some type, aftermarket rims, intake system, possibly a MAF tuning. I'm also going to be using the site to do the armrest mod( Great Idea!!), fog light mod', and possibly the black headlight mod as well.

I'm finding that my biggest problem with the X-runner is just finding one to test drive. The nearest dealer that has one is 50 miles away. The other two that are local to me want either $1K or $500 deposit just to get a truck in for me to try out. They never get any in for regular stock. I located one in Red at one dealer that I'm goingto try to test drive maybe this weekend if I can make the time.

Anyway,,,, that's about it for now. I just wanted to say a quick "hi" to all.
Old 12-07-2007, 05:17 AM   #2
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chicky Baby
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW.
Old 12-07-2007, 05:18 AM   #3
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Welcome to TW!
Old 12-07-2007, 07:23 AM   #4
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to the site, i love X-runners. although if you dont consider it fast, why are you going with the X instead of a pre-runner or something else? just like being close to the ground?
Old 12-07-2007, 07:51 AM   #5
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
welcome. my last truck before this one was a 00 regular cab xtreme...i've got a pic of it in my gallery, but the pic is before i did a front end swap from a sonoma...anywho...welcome aboard
Old 12-07-2007, 11:27 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
Welcome to the site, i love X-runners. although if you dont consider it fast, why are you going with the X instead of a pre-runner or something else? just like being close to the ground?
Yeah,,,,, I guess you can say that I like to be closer to the ground than say a pre-runner. Actually, I have this habit with most vehicles that I own that I like to improve the handling if possible. With handling comes stability in most cases and when traveling across state for instance( in Florida at least ) at cruising speeds of 80+mph, it's nice when you need your vehicle to be responsive when you need it. It's also nice to be able to carve a turn ever now and then. On top of all that though, the X-runner in black looks damm good IMHO.
Old 12-07-2007, 11:42 PM   #8
Carolina Alliance: Midwest Firearms Division
TuRDTACO is on a distinguished road

TuRDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TuRDTACO
Quote:
Originally Posted by beondwacko View Post
Yeah,,,,, I guess you can say that I like to be closer to the ground than say a pre-runner. Actually, I have this habit with most vehicles that I own that I like to improve the handling if possible. With handling comes stability in most cases and when traveling across state for instance( in Florida at least ) at cruising speeds of 80+mph, it's nice when you need your vehicle to be responsive when you need it. It's also nice to be able to carve a turn ever now and then. On top of all that though, the X-runner in black looks damm good IMHO.
i carve canyon roads all day long in my 07 prerunner it might be a little bit of a challenge, a little slower and a little scarier put it puts hair on my balls haha
Old 12-08-2007, 05:56 PM   #9
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW, I guess it takes all kinds, i like going slow and easy, sitting a little higher, playing on the trails and fields. Our world is big enough for both of us to live in peace, so with that...peace !
Old 12-08-2007, 06:16 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by concrete jedi View Post
Welcome to TW, I guess it takes all kinds, i like going slow and easy, sitting a little higher, playing on the trails and fields. Our world is big enough for both of us to live in peace, so with that...peace !
Damm good attitude !!!

I can appreciate being able to sit a little higher and do some off roading too. I at one time had a 4WD Suburban that I would take into the trails when I lived in New York.

I was just thinking about one thing though........

The pre-runner is rated with a 3/4 ton payload right? The X-runner is 900lbs. What I was wondering was the difference in the ride quality of one versus the other. I know that the FRONT spring rate of the X-Runner is 50% higher than the Pre-Runner, but the Pre-Runner has a higher spring rate on the rear leafs. I guess I'd have to drive 2 back to back to see for sure.
Old 12-08-2007, 10:02 PM   #11
Carolina Alliance: Midwest Firearms Division
TuRDTACO is on a distinguished road

TuRDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TuRDTACO
Quote:
Damm good attitude !!!

I can appreciate being able to sit a little higher and do some off roading too. I at one time had a 4WD Suburban that I would take into the trails when I lived in New York.

I was just thinking about one thing though........

The pre-runner is rated with a 3/4 ton payload right? The X-runner is 900lbs. What I was wondering was the difference in the ride quality of one versus the other. I know that the FRONT spring rate of the X-Runner is 50% higher than the Pre-Runner, but the Pre-Runner has a higher spring rate on the rear leafs. I guess I'd have to drive 2 back to back to see for sure.
if i was worried about maxing out the payload capacity of an X-runner i don't think i'd buy one...just my opinion
Old 12-10-2007, 08:51 AM   #12
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The x runner looks damn good any in any color. I know what you mean about handeling, before i had my truck i had an old beamer. The only mods i did were to the suspension and upgraded the brakes. it wasn't extremely fast but it was solid on the road. Anyway, post pics when you get get it and keep us updated on your mods. Welcome to the site!
Old 12-10-2007, 09:17 AM   #13
Old Goat
Don G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st MAW  MAG12  VMA-251,  (1953)
Don G's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to the exciting world of Tacomania! ! ! These are some of the sharpist guys in the nation when it comes to Tacos, Beer, Babes and Boobs so listen to what they have to say and then get the one you want

Have Fun! !

Don G