Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Another Noob

Old 12-08-2007, 05:01 PM   #1
Luc is on a distinguished road

Luc's Tacoma Gallery
Another Noob

Hi everyone,
Thought I'd finally checking in after trolling around for a couple weeks. I'd been looking at the tacoma for awhile now and now after having some engine problems with my WRX decided to go ahead and trade it in. Had to have the engine rebuilt but thankfully it was all covered under Subaru's warrenty so I wasnt out that 5k for the work.
Got my '08 Tacoma about a week ago now. Speedway blue double cab off-road package. Nothing added on yet but have to get step bars soon as my wife is a little short has a bit of trouble getting into it. After that I'll look into a tonneau cover.
I'm from Newark, Delaware so if you see me around throw me a wave.

Luc
Old 12-08-2007, 05:46 PM   #3
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW, sounds like you got yourself a nice rig, send pix. This is the place for knowledge, kind of like a college for tacos, oh yeah , there will be a quiz at the end of the period... so pay attention...damnit !
Old 12-09-2007, 07:36 AM   #4
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Welcome to TW!

What happened with your WRX??? A new engine?
Old 12-09-2007, 07:45 AM   #5
08TXTACO is on a distinguished road
08TXTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome!!
Old 12-09-2007, 08:04 AM   #6
Carolina Alliance Costal Div
2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of

2003greenbean's Tacoma Gallery
welcome to tw
Old 12-09-2007, 03:49 PM   #7

Luc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Tacoma View Post
Welcome to TW!

What happened with your WRX??? A new engine?
The right rear piston started knocking. Almost sounded as if the whole engine was going to shake right out of the car. It took Subaru about 2 weeks to decide if they were going to warrenty it because I didnt have any official maintenance records since I was doing everything myself. I had to go through my bank records and find charges at places like Pep Boys and Auto Zone that corilated with when the fluids should have been changed. Thankfully I at least kept a chart in my garage of when I did the fluid changes so it wasnt too hard to find the charges. After they decided that my bank records and a picture of the chart in my garage were enough proof that I did my own work, they pulled the engine and rebuilt it.
Now I know to keep all my recipts so I wont have to go through that kind of headache again.

Luc
Old 12-09-2007, 04:59 PM   #8
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck and welcome Luc....My first addition was step bars as well.My kids were having a hard time climbing in and it made a big difference.Mod two was a tonneau.It really made the box alot more versitile for me.Nice to meet you and enjoy that blue beauty.
Old 12-10-2007, 11:24 AM   #9
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luc View Post
The right rear piston started knocking. Almost sounded as if the whole engine was going to shake right out of the car. It took Subaru about 2 weeks to decide if they were going to warrenty it because I didnt have any official maintenance records since I was doing everything myself. I had to go through my bank records and find charges at places like Pep Boys and Auto Zone that corilated with when the fluids should have been changed. Thankfully I at least kept a chart in my garage of when I did the fluid changes so it wasnt too hard to find the charges. After they decided that my bank records and a picture of the chart in my garage were enough proof that I did my own work, they pulled the engine and rebuilt it.
Now I know to keep all my recipts so I wont have to go through that kind of headache again.

Luc

Did they ever figured out why it was knocking?
Old 12-10-2007, 08:16 PM   #10

Luc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Tacoma View Post
Did they ever figured out why it was knocking?
They never told me what they thought caused it, just that the inside of the piston sleeves were nice and clean so it wasnt anything that I did that cause the problem. I assume that it was just a defect from the factory.

Luc