Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

wanna get a 4 banger tacoma

Old 07-15-2009, 03:50 PM   #1
moso is on a distinguished road
moso's Tacoma Gallery
wanna get a 4 banger tacoma

Hey guys how you doing? i am new to the site and new to the truck world. Currently i am 18 years old and i was thinking about getting a regular cab 4 cylinder tacoma, as of now i drive a 03 civic si and my 1st car was a scion tc. The truck will be a mt for sure but i was wondering if maybe i should get a different style such as the crew cab or a v6. Any suggestions would be great
Old 07-15-2009, 04:29 PM   #2
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Willie
vtragweed's Tacoma Gallery
the 2.7 is a great engine and will last many miles, as far as the configuration you need, what are you going to be doing with you truck?
Old 07-15-2009, 04:36 PM   #3
Slypted is a jewel in the roughSlypted is a jewel in the roughSlypted is a jewel in the rough

Air Force:
Name: Frank
Slypted's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW! As for what exact style/trim to get your truck in, thats all up to you. Personally I gotta have 4wd. The access cab imo looks good and gives me a little storage room. You just gotta think about what you are going to do with it and what you want or need out of it.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:36 PM   #4
moso's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtragweed View Post
the 2.7 is a great engine and will last many miles, as far as the configuration you need, what are you going to be doing with you truck?
hey thanks for the reply. Well i need it for daily use mainly and sometimes shes gonna get beat here and there, and basic fishing trips and stuff with the buddies nothing major. I just wanna lift it and make it look a bit more bulky, but as far as the power on the 2.7l im not sure if its gonna be enough
Old 07-15-2009, 04:38 PM   #5
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
the access cab 2.7 5 speed w/ the 2.7 is plenty for you then, and plus great mpg!
Old 07-15-2009, 04:43 PM   #6
moso's Tacoma Gallery
ya i asked a buddy of mine who has the access cab v6 4wd and she said if i get the 2.7l lifted with big tires its not gonna go anywhere he said its gonna take the fun out of the car and im not even going to want to offroad
Old 07-15-2009, 04:45 PM   #7
College.
PatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt/6153 - CH-53E Airframe/Hydraulics Mechanic, HMH-464, MAG 29, 2nd MAW
Name: Pat
PatHLC128's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by moso View Post
ya i asked a buddy of mine who has the access cab v6 4wd and she said if i get the 2.7l lifted with big tires its not gonna go anywhere he said its gonna take the fun out of the car and im not even going to want to offroad
i think thats a little extreme...plenty of people on here have lifted 4bangers
Old 07-15-2009, 04:46 PM   #8
Beef Slut

Firefighter:
i take it your planning on lifting it? in that case get the v6
Old 07-15-2009, 04:50 PM   #9
moso's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtragweed View Post
i take it your planning on lifting it? in that case get the v6
ya i do plan on lifting it and putting either 30s or 35s. He said might as well pay the extra buck but not regret it, so i dunno im considering now, i just wish the regular cab came v6
Old 07-15-2009, 04:56 PM   #11
moso's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neslerrah View Post
If comes down to having great gas mileage, I say go with the I4. You could go with a prerunner. Some folks have lifts installed. But If you want power, go with the V6. Just my 2 cents.
i think ill go with the v6 crew cab, and just one quick question where can i get the flares for the rear bed? i saw some picks on chaosfab the beds had side flares to match up with the wide fenders