Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

another proud taco driver

Old 12-11-2007, 12:40 PM   #1
dsds is on a distinguished road
dsds's Tacoma Gallery
another proud taco driver

Here is a pic of my new truck from November.

I did what every good Canadian is doing right now and that is importing a vehicle. Our dollar is at a high and the dealers aren't dropping prices nearly enough to stop the imports.

My truck is from San Jose CA and I toured the NUMMI plant at Fremont at the same time!! Drove it home via Reno, Salt Lake, Great Falls, and now up in Alberta. Saved over $12K.

I think I saw the link to the plant tour originally here on TacomaWorld, but here it is again. I love watching it over and over with the Mrs:

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...icleId=105515#

Thanks to TacomaWorld, I did the DRL mod, and swapped the cluster to metric, and put in a block heater. Getting a roof rack soon, and putting in a remote starter. Still haven't loaded it up yet. Checked and it has the old springs.

Truck is now officially white from the salt and slush.

Proud and happy except the running boards are disappointing. They are mounted too high and stick out so that you get your jeans wet and dirty coming out. I'd say a bit narrow to do any good. I end up stretching to avoid them.

Up here I usually see a few Radiant Reds, Indigo Ink and Silver Streak Mica. Some TRD sport, few Offroad. Short and long box. More Tundra's I would say on the road.

Thanks to whoever runs TacomaWorld and thanks to everyone for inviting me into this new world. First Toyota. First 4x4. Was driving a GM ext cab 1500 and before that a little red Chev S-10.

Merry Christmas to everyone!!

Old 12-11-2007, 01:02 PM   #2
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Great looking truck, congratulations, and merry Christmas to you as well.
Old 12-11-2007, 01:58 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance Costal Div
2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of

2003greenbean's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy4Life View Post
Great looking truck, congratulations, and merry Christmas to you as well.
to bad your from canada
Old 12-11-2007, 03:03 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
welcome to tw!! awesome truck you got there!!
Old 12-11-2007, 05:40 PM   #5
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
Hi dsds,great intro and welcome.I'm in NB and just got the exact same truck.I'm ex-GM as well and havn't looked back.The only difference is I didn't get the killer deal you did.Merry Christmas to you as well.

p.s.Don't pay any attention to the anti-Canadian crowd,they're just jealous because we've got all the oil,water and good bacon.
Old 12-11-2007, 05:47 PM   #6
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by squad314 View Post
Hi dsds,great intro and welcome.I'm in NB and just got the exact same truck.I'm ex-GM as well and havn't looked back.The only difference is I didn't get the killer deal you did.Merry Christmas to you as well.

p.s.Don't pay any attention to the anti-Canadian crowd,they're just jealous because we've got all the oil,water and good bacon.
we arent jealous or anti-canadian!! i just got screwed once on canadian bacon on my pizza from dominos,so i just blame canada!!!
Old 12-12-2007, 07:17 AM   #7
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

For the last time, you guys dont have good bacon! Hell, its not even bacon! It's just normal ham and for some reason you guys call it bacon. It may come from the same animal but its not bacon. Its like me serving a steaming plate of cow tongue and calling it filet mignon. You cant just call meat whatever you feel like calling it. They give meat a name for a reason. Tongue is not filet, ham is ham, bacon is bacon, sausage is anus, but ham is not bacon. You people.....
Old 12-12-2007, 08:44 AM   #8
Unapologetic Texan
sawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to behold

sawdust's Tacoma Gallery
Don't they actually call in "back bacon" in Canada? It's only us south-of-the-border types that call it "Canadian bacon"?
Old 12-12-2007, 09:01 AM   #9
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
For the last time, you guys dont have good bacon! Hell, its not even bacon! It's just normal ham and for some reason you guys call it bacon. It may come from the same animal but its not bacon. Its like me serving a steaming plate of cow tongue and calling it filet mignon. You cant just call meat whatever you feel like calling it. They give meat a name for a reason. Tongue is not filet, ham is ham, bacon is bacon, sausage is anus, but ham is not bacon. You people.....

Ok,I see your point,and while we're on the subject answer me this.....What part of a chicken does a McNugget come from?And yes sawdust,up here we call it "Back bacon".

Old 12-12-2007, 11:07 AM   #10
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ok,I see your point,and while we're on the subject answer me this.....What part of a chicken does a McNugget come from?And yes sawdust,up here we call it "Back bacon".

what makes you think a McNugget has chicken in it?
Old 12-12-2007, 11:29 AM   #11
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Merry Christmas and Welcome to TW!

...how's that for a holiday cheer?
Old 12-12-2007, 03:15 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
what makes you think a McNugget has chicken in it?
yeah, mcnuggets are actually some mystery meat the "mickey d's" uses......"wendy's" also. not exactly sure of everything that goes in nuggets from there!! the good nuggets are the kind in the big ol bag from walmart....put them into the oven or deep fryer.....and its on!!!
Old 12-12-2007, 06:02 PM   #13
dsds's Tacoma Gallery
Shoot, the Mrs. doesn't allow real bacon in the house. I get so-called 'turkey bacon' strips. I go out to seek the real cripsy strips like Wendys puts on.... not that back bacon slab stuff. Mmmm bacon...
Old 12-12-2007, 06:07 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsds View Post
Shoot, the Mrs. doesn't allow real bacon in the house. I get so-called 'turkey bacon' strips. I go out to seek the real cripsy strips like Wendys puts on.... not that back bacon slab stuff. Mmmm bacon...
sorry to hear that!! gotta love real bacon!! the bacon i get all the time(name brand or not) is the thick cut. not too big a fan of the thin crispy junk bacon!! give me some thick cut bacon, eggs,grits, redeye gravy and some biscuits....with apple butter of course, and im set for the morning. i'll either get alotta work done, or im going back to sleep!! i know this is off topic, but hell, what isnt??
Old 12-12-2007, 07:18 PM   #15

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
sorry to hear that!! gotta love real bacon!! the bacon i get all the time(name brand or not) is the thick cut. not too big a fan of the thin crispy junk bacon!! give me some thick cut bacon, eggs,grits, redeye gravy and some biscuits....with apple butter of course, and im set for the morning. i'll either get alotta work done, or im going back to sleep!! i know this is off topic, but hell, what isnt??

Oh man.......I just got really hungry!
Old 12-12-2007, 07:23 PM   #16

Quote:
Oh man.......I just got really hungry!

me too.....and im the one who said it!!! okey dokey......im off to raid the kitchen!!!
Old 12-12-2007, 07:32 PM   #17
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I got some leftover fried chicken and wild rice.
Old 12-12-2007, 07:50 PM   #18
dsds's Tacoma Gallery
I SAID CANADIAN BACON!!!

my meat love by all!
Old 12-12-2007, 07:53 PM   #19

Old 12-12-2007, 08:54 PM   #20
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome Bacon ! that's a real beauty of a truck, as you have seen we fire a couple shots over the bow and it's game on, thinly veiled sarcasm is accepted here.