Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

New in NC

Old 12-12-2007, 05:35 PM   #1
5Tundra is on a distinguished road
5Tundra's Tacoma Gallery
New in NC

Hey all. I've got a 2006 TRD Off-Road PreRunner, D-cab short bed. I'm not the type to leave my cars stock, so I'm here to get some ideas. Glad to be here.

Later,
Kevin
Old 12-12-2007, 05:45 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
welcome to the family kevin!!! or as some may call it.............." mod central"!!
Old 12-12-2007, 05:54 PM   #3
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW. This is a lighthearted place for the most part, so have some fun.
Old 12-12-2007, 06:29 PM   #4
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
welcome...what area of NC?
Old 12-12-2007, 07:12 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance Costal Div
2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of

2003greenbean's Tacoma Gallery
welcome to tw
Old 12-12-2007, 07:42 PM   #6
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW, sit back and watch the madness !
Old 12-13-2007, 05:41 AM   #7
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chicky Baby
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Kevin, Welcome to TW man.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:52 PM   #8
5Tundra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
welcome...what area of NC?
I live in Concord.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:02 PM   #9
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5Tundra View Post
I live in Concord.
hey man, check out the "carolinas tacoma meet" thread in the off topic section, and let us know what you think.....like if you are interested or not. we are planning for the last week in april,08. you really arent too far from uwharrie.

oh yeah, i'll be at the bass pro shops in concord on saturday afternoon(and i may get to get myself an early christmas present.....uh, if the wifey lets me).
Old 12-14-2007, 05:27 AM   #10
Carolina Alliance Costal Div
2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of

2003greenbean's Tacoma Gallery
i love bass pro we have one here in myrtle beac i spend hours in there
Old 12-14-2007, 11:32 AM   #11
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Welcome to TW!
Old 12-14-2007, 02:14 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003greenbean View Post
i love bass pro we have one here in myrtle beac i spend hours in there
so do i man!!! and my wish list gets bigger every time i go!!!
Old 06-29-2014, 06:50 AM   #13
5Tundra's Tacoma Gallery
So, 6 1/2 years later... I guess it's "Not so New in NC" LOL

The I never really got going with the '06, the wife was using it as her daily driver, so I turned my attention to other projects. It kinda became that dreaded "Stock" vehicle us tinkering types have. 117,xxx miles without a single issue. Most impressive.

In May of this year, I got the phone call that everyone dreads: "I've been in an accident." Near head-on with another car turning left in front of her at 40 mph. She got lucky, a couple of cracked ribs and bruises from the seat belt and airbags. Not so much for the Taco:

Totaled

After the typical phone tag with the insurance company, this is what we brought home:

Pretty much the same truck, except this time we went with a 4x4 instead of the PreRunner. I was very much impressed with the quality and reliability in the Tacoma. Most importantly, I was VERY impressed with how the Taco performed in a crash situation. 60mph (combined speed) frontal/driver's side impact, there was very little deforming of the driver's area, and she was able to get out of the truck under her own power. I guess there's a lot to be said for a full frame.

She has already requested running boards, a bull bar and fog lights for this one also, so I can see I'll be busy sooner rather than later with this one!
Old 06-29-2014, 06:53 AM   #14
drunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Sage
drunktaco's Tacoma Gallery
Glad she wasn't seriously injured and nice truck by the way
Old 07-21-2014, 06:42 PM   #15
5Tundra's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks.
Old 07-21-2014, 07:04 PM   #16
drunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
you lurk a lot haha
Old 07-21-2014, 07:09 PM   #17
5Tundra's Tacoma Gallery
LOL Yeah, I have been accused of that before....
Old 07-21-2014, 07:12 PM   #18
Haha I just find it funny. Joined dec 2007, 5 out of 5 posts are here. Any plans for this truck? Lift, wheels, tires, SAS with exo cage and crawl box

Edit: wow I didn't realize this thread goes back to 2007. Nice revival
Old 07-22-2014, 06:18 PM   #19
5Tundra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunktaco View Post
Haha I just find it funny. Joined dec 2007, 5 out of 5 posts are here. Any plans for this truck? Lift, wheels, tires, SAS with exo cage and crawl box

Edit: wow I didn't realize this thread goes back to 2007. Nice revival
hahaha... Good point!

Nah, probably keep it pretty tame. It's actually the ol' lady's driver, so probably not anything fun (lift, tires, cage, etc) Probably a bed cover, running boards, maybe a *gasp* bull bar! I'm just glad she's in a safe vehicle.

Yeah, I got back on here after we got the new one to look at pictures of other Tacomas to get brand idea for boards and bed cover. After I recovered my password, I thought I'd re-introduce myself, since my previous incarnation was pretty forgettable....
Old 07-22-2014, 07:52 PM   #20
U know fish can hear u thinking just b4 u sneeze
Skinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lance
Skinny Rogers's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from greensboro!