Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

New Tacoma owner

Old 12-13-2007, 07:27 AM   #1
Krp2nite is on a distinguished road
Krp2nite's Tacoma Gallery
New Tacoma owner

Well to the disappointment of many. I traded my 2006 dodge ram 2500 quad cab 4x4 Big Horn Edition truck.
My new Toyota is a 2008 Tacoma Access cab with a 2.7 I4 Manual. I got a new job where I am driving 500 miles a week and my Dodge got 11mpg 11.9 highway. Hopefull this truck will satisfy my mileage needs while still keeping my 4x4 capability for hunting and fun. This site seems pretty education and helped me make the decision between the v6 and the 4cyl. So I think I will stick around a while. Anyway just wanted to introduce myself to the group.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:01 PM   #2
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW. I know you miss your Dodge but fear not, your new truck will serve your needs just fine. Personally I don't think you could have got a better truck for what your intentions are, but I hope you realize that we are not comparing the same "apples". Your Dodge is about brute power, your taco is about efficient function. The higher rpms combined with a 4:10 final drive gearing and lighter vehicle weight will allow you to successfully complete your task at hand at a lower cost, and will run circles around your prior truck off road. I know that might have stung a little, but I sold my 1993 Dodge Ramcharger which was a hell of a truck, on or off road, but my taco is a better rig in the categories listed above. So find out how to come from a V-8 to a 4 cyl in good time, don't make a rash decision, embrace what thousands have come to find out, enjoy your new truck, Happy Holidays, Drive on.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:28 PM   #3
Krp2nite is on a distinguished road
Krp2nite's Tacoma Gallery
To be honest, my dodge spent the last few months parked while I drove a hyundai accent because I couldnt afford to keep putting 180-200 a week in the gas tank. So the adjustment to a 4cyl seems pretty easy. This way I can have just one vehicle that gets me to work or play with decent fuel mileage and 4x4. Dodge dealers are one thing I will not miss, I bought the 4runner last year and haven't had anyproblems that needed a dealer but hope that when / if I do they stand up for their products better. So far, so good. I am pleased with my decision.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:44 PM   #4
Zoom-Zoom
gdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud of

gdawg25's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krp2nite View Post
To be honest, my dodge spent the last few months parked while I drove a hyundai accent because I couldnt afford to keep putting 180-200 a week in the gas tank. So the adjustment to a 4cyl seems pretty easy. This way I can have just one vehicle that gets me to work or play with decent fuel mileage and 4x4. Dodge dealers are one thing I will not miss, I bought the 4runner last year and haven't had anyproblems that needed a dealer but hope that when / if I do they stand up for their products better. So far, so good. I am pleased with my decision.
Not only the cost of gas, but the cost of fixing the damn thing all the time. I wouldn't touch a Dodge with a 10 foot pole. You made a good choice my friend. Welcome to TW!
Old 12-13-2007, 05:56 PM   #5
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krp2nite View Post
Dodge dealers are one thing I will not miss.
Toyota dealers are kinda hit-n-miss, but the beautiful thing about Toyotas is you shouldn't need to take it to the dealer.
Old 12-13-2007, 06:31 PM   #6
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
welcome to tw, krp2nite!! sounds like you made an excellent choice going with the 4banger. should serve your needs very well!!