Notices

Anyone had this vibration before?

Old 07-19-2009, 06:23 AM   #1
zgraphic is on a distinguished road

Name: Sean
zgraphic's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone had this vibration before?

Hello all, new to the forum here.

I am scratching my head over the Washboard like ride I get at very low speed (stopping and starting), 5-10 mph.

Truck is at 60000 miles just did dif service, will be doing propeller shaft today. I did change the wheels from the stock 20 inch chrome godawfulness it came with to some nice unobtrusive Toyota Stock 16 inch rims from a 2006 Taco. At the same time changed tires to Yokohama hts geolanders.

So far I have completed the following diagnostic work:

Shudder occurs in drive and neutral brakes no brakes

Removed rear drums and checked for warpage none found, replaced retension springs on both sides

Had tire dealership install stock dunlops to rule out some of the posts I have read about Yokohama tires. And still had vibe

That about covers it...

Any advice would be appreciated. thanks and howdy,
Old 07-19-2009, 06:28 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!
Do you have a lift? How does your carrier bearing look?
Old 07-19-2009, 06:48 AM   #3

I do not know if the texas edition had a lift. I am new to this vehicle bought it in june. Is the carrier bearing something that I can replace? I have seen many post about it and high speed vibes but none about anything like this. Admittedly this is a little over my head experience wise but I am pretty good with the hands.
Old 07-19-2009, 07:23 AM   #4
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Hello Sean!!

Welcome to the forum!! Glad to have you...

This section is for introductions only! Ask actual questions in the appropriate forum

Woooowooooo Anotha Texan in da house!!
Old 07-19-2009, 07:27 AM   #5

Dang Sorry bout that. Will repost elsewhere.