Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

New here from south florida/vermont

Old 07-19-2009, 09:55 PM   #1
x2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

x2468's Tacoma Gallery
New here from south florida/vermont

Hey, new here. don't have a tacoma but really interested in getting one. sorry if i broke some cardinal rule since this isn't my first thread, but im used to forums and didn't think about this.

i do have some questions that might fit here though.

1) sr5, prerunner, trd..... a lot of names thrown around. i know what TRD is, but i'm not so sure about sr5 and prerunner. i couldn't find much with google or toyota.com. which one gets you the cool hood scoop on the gen 2?

2) i'm 20, and my first vehicle and my streetbike i bought wish cash. i simply saved for long enough. but at 15-25,000 used, i won't be able to do that for a tacoma. i see a lot of people here are around my age. what did you guys do? seems like my options are:

a) bank loan
b) credit union loan
c) dealership financing
d) lease

could anyone explain to me which one is the best to go with? the pros and cons perhaps. thanks, i know it's probably a naive question.

and nice meeting everyone. seems like a really nice board.
Old 07-19-2009, 09:57 PM   #2
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome... The TRD SPORT will get u the hood scoop, the prerunners are trd's but are only 2wd
Old 07-19-2009, 10:08 PM   #3
x2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

x2468's Tacoma Gallery
ahhhh thanks.

i was also wondering why so many people have the same avatar? is it to pay respects? it was confusing at first, when i thought people were replying and quoting themselves. until i realized they were all different screen names with the same av.
Old 07-19-2009, 10:14 PM   #4
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
u military
Old 07-20-2009, 06:36 AM   #6
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from to the forum from Vermont

You will get more answers to your questions if you post a thread in the 2nd Gen area. More views!

There are lots of guys in your age segment for sure and as far as buying one, line up your loan from a Credit Union before shopping. I have always gotten the best interest rate from them.

Best of luck truck shopping. Its fun and an adventure!!
Old 07-20-2009, 07:03 AM   #7
Believe
phynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
phynyx38's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome
Old 07-20-2009, 07:20 AM   #8
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!
Leasing will always be cheaper, but if you are considering the option to buy after the lease is over, then you will have a "used" car interest rate. As far as your other options, go with who will have the lowest rate. If you decide to not keep it, then lease. Keeping it, get what you want and try financing it for 6 yrs instead of the traditional 5 to keep your payment lower.
My choice: A PreRunner Sport unless you absolutely need a 4x4. Remember, if you get a Sport it will automatically be a TRD Sport.
Have fun. Hope you get the truck soon.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:40 AM   #9
TattooedGirl is a glorious beacon of lightTattooedGirl is a glorious beacon of lightTattooedGirl is a glorious beacon of lightTattooedGirl is a glorious beacon of lightTattooedGirl is a glorious beacon of lightTattooedGirl is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jae Jae
TattooedGirl's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TattooedGirl
Welcome, Im new here too....