Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

New from Elko, Nevada

Old 07-20-2009, 10:55 AM   #1
GeoTaco
Warren Thompson has a spectacular aura aboutWarren Thompson has a spectacular aura aboutWarren Thompson has a spectacular aura about

Name: Warren
Warren Thompson's Tacoma Gallery
New from Elko, Nevada

Hello. I am an exploration geologist in NE Nevada. There are many exploration geologists here in NE Nevada. Most of us are slowly going from the F-150 to the Tacoma as the perferred field vehicle. I have just joined the lot with an '06 double cab. I am very happy with this decision.

Unfortunately, I could only get my new truck in bright RED. So much for stealth in the mountains of NE Nevada!!!

Any comment on the stock Dunlop GrandTrak AT20's?? Are they a good offroad tire?? I am considering changing them out.
Old 07-20-2009, 10:57 AM   #2
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome
Old 07-20-2009, 11:00 AM   #3
white+Peal has a spectacular aura aboutwhite+Peal has a spectacular aura about

Name: Kris
white+Peal's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to white+Peal
HA HA welcome, yea bright red doesn't work to well here in the Vegas desert either
Old 07-20-2009, 11:02 AM   #4
Believe
phynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
phynyx38's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome
Old 07-20-2009, 12:54 PM   #6
Rude Boy |><|
Phantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Phantom_X-SP's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on the purchase and welcome!
Old 07-20-2009, 01:04 PM   #7
NAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NAAC3TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW from Reno. I went to Elko in 1995 and found it to be a nice little town. Out in the middle of some beautiful country.

The Dunlop AT20s are horrible in ice and snow. Combine that with the Tacoma's over sensitive ABS system and you will feel the pedal vibrate often in slick conditions. If i Lived in Elko, I would replace those tires with a quality A/T or M/T before winter. JMO.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:24 PM   #8
GeoTaco
Warren Thompson has a spectacular aura aboutWarren Thompson has a spectacular aura aboutWarren Thompson has a spectacular aura about

Thanks very much. I will replace them with either BFG Rugged Trails.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:32 PM   #9
There go my nipples again!
Dilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shawn
Dilsky's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome! I am a Hydrogeology Technologist currently going back to school to become a full Geologist. I use my truck for work sometimes and I would reccomend swapping out those tires if you plan to be offroading right away.

I currently have the BFG AT's and love them I havent got stuck once out in the field.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:42 PM   #11
Slypted is a jewel in the roughSlypted is a jewel in the roughSlypted is a jewel in the rough

Air Force:
Name: Frank
Slypted's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!
Old 07-20-2009, 11:55 PM   #13
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Change out the tires!
Welcome to TW!
Greetings from San Diego.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:58 PM   #14
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome
Old 07-21-2009, 01:22 AM   #15
09 but I drive a 012 Expedition...
tacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff...I'm pretty sure
tacoholic's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacoholic
Welcome! Nice choice, even if the red ruins your stealth mode haha!
Old 07-21-2009, 07:29 AM   #16
JATaco will become famous soon enough
JATaco's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome. It cant be as bad as speedway blue.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:45 AM   #17
Stu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enough

Stu's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome Warren!
I have the AC in "Arrest Me" red! I figure that its my way of practicing fair chase!
Ya have ta hook me up with the hunting spots up there.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:06 AM   #18
GeoTaco

Thanks All!! Elko Nevada is certainly Taco country. Despite the RED color, my '06 is a pretty beast. I will change the tires soon, as the stock Dunlops will shread where I need to go.

Thanks again. I have learned very much here already. Soon, I can contribute!!
Old 07-21-2009, 03:29 PM   #19
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by JATaco View Post
Welcome. It cant be as bad as speedway blue.
Hey now..
Old 07-21-2009, 08:01 PM   #20
GeoTaco

So being this is the "Welcome Forum", I can ask the following question..."Why do so many posts have the same guy/gal photo...????...."

Silly question, I know, but as an explorationist, I just HAVE to ask....