Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

New in Jersey

Old 07-21-2009, 12:08 PM   #1
goosler is on a distinguished road
Name: Pat
goosler's Tacoma Gallery
New in Jersey

Howdy guys, I just found this forum & it seems like the place to find all the info I need on a tacoma.....I will hopefully be taking delivery of a 2000 extended cab trd tacoma with the v6 & 70k miles very soon.....so any words of advice, required maint., things to watch out for or anything....please feel free to chime in.

This is my first toyota ever, I am a VW guy at heart, owning quite a few at any given time...right now I have a RHD 92 cabriolet & a 98 Beetle...I also have an 06 honda element that I use as a daily driver & grocery getter....

It's a stock truck that I am getting, so I'm thinking mild lift kit, brushguard, nerf bars, some offroad lights, trailer hitch & whatever else you guys can suggest...I'm out in west jersey on 3 acres so the truck will see offroad just as much as on.......do they still make in bed roll/light bars for these things?? Thanks, Pat
Old 07-21-2009, 12:10 PM   #2
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to the site Pat!
Old 07-21-2009, 12:11 PM   #3
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
welcome.u made the right choice crossing over .i would check for a rusty frame since toyota has been buying them back.where in jersey you from?
Old 07-21-2009, 12:18 PM   #4
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
welcome to T/W
Old 07-21-2009, 12:21 PM   #5
Believe
phynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
phynyx38's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome
Old 07-21-2009, 12:25 PM   #6
goosler's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys......as far as the truck goes, I am hopefully trading my 98 beetle for it......I have only gotten outside photos for now, but it seems to be in great shape......I asked about the frame rot & the owner told me there isnt any & that the dealer had already passed it through the frame inspection....... as soon as I get additional photos I'll post them up for you guys to pick at..........

oh, I'm out in Clinton twp, where rts 78 & 31 intersect.....
Old 07-21-2009, 12:25 PM   #7
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome
Old 07-21-2009, 12:49 PM   #8
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to the site, the 3.4 v6 is a bullet proof motor. The only thing you will have to worry about is a timing belt @ 100k.
Old 07-21-2009, 05:24 PM   #9
Slypted is a jewel in the roughSlypted is a jewel in the roughSlypted is a jewel in the rough

Air Force:
Name: Frank
Slypted's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!!
Old 07-22-2009, 07:36 AM   #11
goosler's Tacoma Gallery
thanks guys.....still waiting on addt'l pics of the truck........getting anxious.

I just realized multiple folks have the same avatar to support someones cause battling cancer...........for a while I was thinking, "man, this guy is annoying as hell with 40 posts in each thread........"