LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Considering the Dark side

Old 07-22-2009, 06:25 AM   #1
Hugh is on a distinguished road
Hugh's Tacoma Gallery
Considering the Dark side

I have always been an American muscle enthusiast. I own a 390rwhp Z28 and a Harley. I have always bought American but..... I am very disappointed in my current truck (Chev 4.8L RC 4x4). The power should be there but it is not. 4 bangers can smoke me. I believe most of the problem is in the tune as they have torque managment turned way up to preserve their weak transmission. The offerings that the new domestics have when it come to power are sad. If you do a build you can get a full size chev with a 6.0 but good luck trying to find one of those on the lot...it aint gonna happen.

First, the 380hp Tundra caught my eye because that is a big number but the Tacoma w/ the supercharger really appeals to me. The power to weight ratio looks extremly nice.

Who has the supercharged Tacoma and does it scream or not? Are there custom tunes/chips available that can be switched out right before warrenty work?

I am very intrigued by the offering of a dealer installed supercharger w/ warrenty. My current truck is a Leveled Chev 4.8L 4x4.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:37 AM   #2
"Let's Ride!"
Padilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant future

Name: Daniel
Padilla1880's Tacoma Gallery
There are members in here with superchargers, and they will all say the same thing, "Best bang for your Buck!"
Check the video section. I know there are some Supercharged X-Runner vids doing 1/4.

Welcome to TW! Post some pics if you get it!
Old 07-22-2009, 06:41 AM   #3
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome

They are pretty darn fast stock imo for trucks. If I were you I would test drive a Taco and see if it's fast enough for you then put the supercharger on if you want more.

Would you happen to have any pice of your Camaro that you wouldn't mind sharing?
Old 07-22-2009, 06:55 AM   #4
Hugh's Tacoma Gallery
Camaro

Here is the Camaro. Thanks for the input.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:56 AM   #5
Hugh's Tacoma Gallery
This is my truck. It has moto metal wheels on it now and looks really cool buy grannys can take me off the line..lol I had a 2000 5 speed 6cyl Ford Ranger that would smoke the crap out of this turd.

Old 07-22-2009, 07:40 AM   #7
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
Tundra is one fast truck made in the heart of TEXAS - go drive one and floor it off the lot, you'll be hooked!! If your into big trucks this one is the way to go considering that GM is in the dumps and is not getting out. The F150s are sooooooo slow they might as well have have disabled signs on the plates stock.

The taco is the best value for the money in the long run for 6 cyl trucks out there.. 4*4 locker , DC its a solid truck with a solid company behind it. Mine was manufactured in good ol' california USA.

Nice of you to come check out our site, I hope you find some of the answers you are looking for.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:42 AM   #8
NAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NAAC3TACO's Tacoma Gallery
I used to have a 2004 Silverado reg cab 5.3. I absolutely loved the engine, but hated the transmission. It totally robbed power, especially in second gear. The truck also had a lot of little problems like leaks, speedometer issues, seatbelt, and a noisey ac compressor. My 08 Tacoma hasn't had any issues at all, but I have a 5 speed so I can't comment on the Tacoma automatics. I must say the newer Silverados like yours have been pretty trouble free. I work at a Chevy dealer and other than power door lock actuators and a few trim issues, they seem to be pretty good trucks.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:21 AM   #9
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
This is my truck. It has moto metal wheels on it now and looks really cool buy grannys can take me off the line..lol I had a 2000 5 speed 6cyl Ford Ranger that would smoke the crap out of this turd.

I met a guy recently from a GM Fullsize meet, He has the same truck as you but he swapped in a 6.0 from a GMT 900. Thing Freaking HAULS
Old 07-23-2009, 08:35 AM   #10
Hugh's Tacoma Gallery
ok so here is my first NOOBIE question....who is the pic of the man and woman that is in alot of people's profile?
Old 07-23-2009, 08:48 AM   #11
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ok so here is my first NOOBIE question....who is the pic of the man and woman that is in alot of people's profile?
That is longbow (Bill) and his wife (Michele). Michele was recently diagnosed with Leukemia. She has already beat breast cancer and now this. There are several threads that tell the story.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:27 AM   #14
Hugh's Tacoma Gallery
Awe...that's sad. I hope she gets better.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:45 AM   #15
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Awe...that's sad. I hope she gets better.

We all do brother, we all do.