Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

One more from SC...

Old 07-26-2009, 02:16 PM   #1
Coprolite
monrad is a name known to allmonrad is a name known to allmonrad is a name known to allmonrad is a name known to allmonrad is a name known to allmonrad is a name known to all

monrad's Tacoma Gallery
One more from SC...

Greets, all y'all, from Blythewood, SC (motto: Less Mildew Than Charleston!). I won't pick up my new Tacoma for about 21 hours, but I'll post now as a future owner (and to get rid of that New Member nag notice at the top of every screen). Here's the short version of my Tacoma story:

My current ride is a '96 Explorer AWD V8. No real complaints, other than a suspension that's getting cushy, low mpg, and increasing nickel and dime irritants. Like me, except for the mpg. So a dying car, need to haul more than an SUV's capacity, and (especially) cash-for-clunkers enticement led me to suggest to my lovely & talented wife that a new pickup would be an ideal replacement for the SUV. Well, those three factors, plus the fact that the six vehicles we bought new over the last 30 years were for my l&t wife or equally l&t daughters. That last bit helped my case a lot. Didn't have to whine or grovel a bit.

After a week of looking hard at the stats among various makes and models, another two weeks of lurking on several forums, and a single 15-minute test drive, the decision was a no-brainer: Tacoma DC TRD Sport short bed. Yes, I was aware of the dreaded yellow payload-capacity sticker, inherent engine tick, and demon-possessed radio. Eh, duck bites and trifles.

The color was a tough decision. I settled on the relative rarity and elegant stealthiness of Timberline Mica (would have preferred the even more elegant but less stealthy Duke Blue Indigo Ink). When my l&t wife insisted that I add factory tube steps so she could enter and exit the truck with grace, who was I to argue? I'm thinking, If I let her drive it enough, she may insist on installing a Webasto, maybe even lifts and FlowMaster. I've learned how to sacrifice over the years...

Before closing, I have to say this: in over 20 years of bulletin board/forum participation, as a group y'all are the friendliest, most informative and least pretentious mob I've encountered, with a minimum of moralizing and political banter. I've spent several hours (yeah, still stuck on dialup in the country) viewing your rides. Y'all are artists. Whatever model, color, intended function, or degree of modding, y'all seem really passionate about your creations. I hope I can, over time, approach your achievements.

T minus 20hrs 40mins...
Old 07-26-2009, 02:22 PM   #2
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome
Old 07-26-2009, 02:28 PM   #3
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Nice to have ya man!
Old 07-26-2009, 02:29 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
welcome........from rock hill,sc! lots of good helpful info and folks here. enjoy the forum.
Old 07-26-2009, 02:30 PM   #5
College.
PatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt/6153 - CH-53E Airframe/Hydraulics Mechanic, HMH-464, MAG 29, 2nd MAW
Name: Pat
PatHLC128's Tacoma Gallery
welcome, your right about the people on this forum. much better than any other ive ever been on.
Old 07-26-2009, 06:02 PM   #6
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome.
16 Hours and counting.