1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Gonna buy a Tacoma

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Atbelsey, Dec 18, 2007.

1. Dec 18, 2007 at 11:12 AM
    Atbelsey

Atbelsey [OP] Member

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    '08 Tacoma DC LB fully loaded
    6'' Pro Comp lift, Grey Leather Interior, Billet front grill inserts.
    Hello all, new to the site. I have decided to buy a Tacoma.

Couple questions:

1. Better to buy a new 2008 or a used 05 and above?
    2. Is it possible to get an 08 with the sr5 package and a hood scoop?

Thanks people, cant wait to get my hands on a Tacoma!

2. Dec 18, 2007 at 11:51 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    I was gonna buy used but it wasn't much more to buy new so i went ahead and got a new truck. If you get a good deal on a used one go for it.

the hood scoop only comes on the Xrunner or the TRD Sport pkg. I dont know much about the Xrunner but all TRD's come with the SR5 pkg. are you asking if you can get the SR5 package and a hood scoop without the TRD sport pkg? The answer to that would be no. your only option would be to order a hood witha scoop and put it on and have it painted to match your truck.

welcome to TW

3. Dec 18, 2007 at 12:30 PM
    Atbelsey

Atbelsey [OP] Member

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    no...i want the trd package...but i thought i had read that the scoop gets taken out when the sr5 package is chosen...maybe im wrong. If so, good for me :D

4. Dec 18, 2007 at 12:44 PM
    A1CGuches

A1CGuches Oregon Alliance: Founder

Member:
    DMAFB, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    01 Taco
    Custom snorkel/intake, 6" lift, 35X12.5 mt's, flowmaster 40 seriers, performance clutch, custom skid plate, grille, everything is black on green, rotrex supercharger, 7th injector kit, urd short throw shifter, thorely header, kks speed limit defender...and more to come
    On the 08 you can get the TRD off road package with the sr5, but once i researched it i found that the TRD sport #1 packagewas the best bet because you still get cruise control and keyyless entry and you also get to keep your hood scoop.

5. Dec 18, 2007 at 1:03 PM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    All TRD packages come with SR5. I have the offroad and i have keyless and cruise. but if you want the scoop and like the color matched look then go with the sport. But just so you know, SR5 is standard with TRD, unless you live in a weird region with weird trim options, but i dont thnk thats the case

6. Dec 18, 2007 at 1:08 PM
    Atbelsey

Atbelsey [OP] Member

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    actually...i prefer the black fenders...but i didnt see that as an option...is that possible on the '08? I havent decided yet on the indigo blue or black...since i didnt think i could get black fenders, i thought maybe just go black and get them with the color match. Thats the one thing i like about the 1st gen is the black non-glossy fenders...i might look into some aftermarket fenders later

7. Dec 18, 2007 at 1:08 PM
    A1CGuches

A1CGuches Oregon Alliance: Founder

Member:
    DMAFB, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    01 Taco
    Custom snorkel/intake, 6" lift, 35X12.5 mt's, flowmaster 40 seriers, performance clutch, custom skid plate, grille, everything is black on green, rotrex supercharger, 7th injector kit, urd short throw shifter, thorely header, kks speed limit defender...and more to come
    hmm well in that case the dealer who i was talking with was jacking me around....where would you say the best place to find this kind of information is...because when taxes come in i am upgrading to an 08

8. Dec 18, 2007 at 1:10 PM
    Atbelsey

Atbelsey [OP] Member

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    pretty much i plan to get any and all options that i want...which includes keyless cruise and all that. It just seemed to me from what builds i could find and looking at toyota.com that if the sr5 package was chosen the scoop went away

9. Dec 18, 2007 at 1:17 PM
    Atbelsey

Atbelsey [OP] Member

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    ok...i was mistaken...the sr5 was not the most complete option package. The TRD sport package is...which includes the hoodscoop i want. The issue i had confused was the sr5 package does not include the hoodscoop, which is the package i considered because it didnt have the color coded fenders. The Sport package has the color coded fenders that i do not want...maybe they can adjust that for me at the dealer...?

10. Dec 18, 2007 at 1:21 PM
    Atbelsey

Atbelsey [OP] Member

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    Anyone know anything about the:

"TRD cat-back exhaust system (37)
    $520 MSRP*"

upgrade and is it worth buying for $520?

11. Dec 18, 2007 at 2:20 PM
    TRD Larry

TRD Larry trd larry

Member:
    First Name:
    Larry
    South Park, PA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma Black,Sport,Premium and Tech Package
    Sport pedals,, Magnaflow cat back exhaust system,Kuhmo 275x55x20, Platinum #220 Abyss wheels 20x9.5. Under hood lights, OEM LED cargo bed lights, extra D-rings installed in bed, AC mod, diff. breather mod, OEM LED puddle lights and footwell lights, Homelink mirror, oil catch can, raptor grille lights, replaced chrome grille molding with black molding, tailgate lock/unlock and tailgate opener, console organizer, glove compartment organizer, Caliraised stealth LED light bar, TRD Cold Air Intake, Lighted cup holders, Meso extended fuse cover, Meso stage 1 tail lights, Meso switch panel, Door bowl lights. Anytime front and rear backup camera mod. TRD Pro Rigid fog lights.Door edge guards. TRD Pro shift knob with Boomer's TRD LED light (Red for security, blue for interior), Glass Break Sensor, sensor with LED light tied into the security LED light, OEM LED Headlights, Sequential LED Turn Signals.
    Didn't like the TRD cat back system because it was single exhaust. I like the Dual exhaust look. I got a magnaflow stainless steel cat back system for $600 out the door. Lifetime warrenty, only pay for labor if anything goes bad.

12. Dec 18, 2007 at 4:36 PM
    concrete jedi

concrete jedi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4 door indigo blue
    Broken and scratched tailgate, cracked rear tail light lens, coffee stain in driver seat.
    Welcome to TW, sounds like everyone else pretty much got you squared away, I myself got an 06 with 8111 miles on it and saved a lot of money,about $ 4000, so it's up to you, but whatever you get, you'll always get your money's worth.

13. Dec 18, 2007 at 4:48 PM
    TheMaster

TheMaster Born to Ride

Member:
    First Name:
    Chicky Baby
    NY
    Vehicle:
    2007 DC TRD Sport
    Bug shield, window visors, skid plate, rust proofing, tonneau cover, paint & upholstery protection, side step bars, navigation system.
    Welcome to TW. I'd rather buy new than have skeletons in the closet :eek:.

Products Discussed in

To Top