Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Gonna buy a Tacoma

Old 12-18-2007, 11:12 AM   #1
Atbelsey has a spectacular aura aboutAtbelsey has a spectacular aura about
Atbelsey's Tacoma Gallery
Gonna buy a Tacoma

Hello all, new to the site. I have decided to buy a Tacoma.

Couple questions:

1. Better to buy a new 2008 or a used 05 and above?
2. Is it possible to get an 08 with the sr5 package and a hood scoop?

Thanks people, cant wait to get my hands on a Tacoma!
Old 12-18-2007, 11:51 AM   #2
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
I was gonna buy used but it wasn't much more to buy new so i went ahead and got a new truck. If you get a good deal on a used one go for it.

the hood scoop only comes on the Xrunner or the TRD Sport pkg. I dont know much about the Xrunner but all TRD's come with the SR5 pkg. are you asking if you can get the SR5 package and a hood scoop without the TRD sport pkg? The answer to that would be no. your only option would be to order a hood witha scoop and put it on and have it painted to match your truck.

welcome to TW
Old 12-18-2007, 12:30 PM   #3
no...i want the trd package...but i thought i had read that the scoop gets taken out when the sr5 package is chosen...maybe im wrong. If so, good for me
Old 12-18-2007, 12:44 PM   #4
Oregon Alliance: Founder
A1CGuches is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Need to now situation
A1CGuches's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to A1CGuches
On the 08 you can get the TRD off road package with the sr5, but once i researched it i found that the TRD sport #1 packagewas the best bet because you still get cruise control and keyyless entry and you also get to keep your hood scoop.
Old 12-18-2007, 01:03 PM   #5
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
All TRD packages come with SR5. I have the offroad and i have keyless and cruise. but if you want the scoop and like the color matched look then go with the sport. But just so you know, SR5 is standard with TRD, unless you live in a weird region with weird trim options, but i dont thnk thats the case
Old 12-18-2007, 01:08 PM   #6
actually...i prefer the black fenders...but i didnt see that as an option...is that possible on the '08? I havent decided yet on the indigo blue or black...since i didnt think i could get black fenders, i thought maybe just go black and get them with the color match. Thats the one thing i like about the 1st gen is the black non-glossy fenders...i might look into some aftermarket fenders later
Old 12-18-2007, 01:08 PM   #7
Oregon Alliance: Founder
A1CGuches is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Need to now situation
A1CGuches's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to A1CGuches
hmm well in that case the dealer who i was talking with was jacking me around....where would you say the best place to find this kind of information is...because when taxes come in i am upgrading to an 08
Old 12-18-2007, 01:10 PM   #8
pretty much i plan to get any and all options that i want...which includes keyless cruise and all that. It just seemed to me from what builds i could find and looking at toyota.com that if the sr5 package was chosen the scoop went away
Old 12-18-2007, 01:17 PM   #9
ok...i was mistaken...the sr5 was not the most complete option package. The TRD sport package is...which includes the hoodscoop i want. The issue i had confused was the sr5 package does not include the hoodscoop, which is the package i considered because it didnt have the color coded fenders. The Sport package has the color coded fenders that i do not want...maybe they can adjust that for me at the dealer...?
Old 12-18-2007, 01:21 PM   #10
Anyone know anything about the:

"TRD cat-back exhaust system (37)
$520 MSRP*"

upgrade and is it worth buying for $520?
Old 12-18-2007, 04:36 PM   #12
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW, sounds like everyone else pretty much got you squared away, I myself got an 06 with 8111 miles on it and saved a lot of money,about $ 4000, so it's up to you, but whatever you get, you'll always get your money's worth.
Old 12-18-2007, 04:48 PM   #13
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chicky Baby
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW. I'd rather buy new than have skeletons in the closet .