1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New to TW, but no Taco yet

Discussion in 'New Members' started by StinkyTaco, Dec 18, 2007.

1. Dec 18, 2007 at 9:53 PM
    StinkyTaco

StinkyTaco [OP] Member

Member:
    What up everyone?
    So I'm shopping for a new truck right now. My 2001 Expedition was totaled on the 101 freeway. I've owned 3 full size Fords in a row now. 78 F-150 Stepside, 93 Bronco & 01 Expedition.
    Right now I'm Looking at a used 2005 F-150 4x4 Supercrew and 2008 Tacoma Pre-Runner 2 wheel drive. For being a Ford guy I think i'm falling in love with the Taco. Did any of you guys switch from full size to Tacoma? How was it getting use to a smaller truck? How do the 2 wheel drive Pre-Runners do in the snow. I drive to Mammoth a lot?
    Thanks

2. Dec 19, 2007 at 1:03 PM
    StinkyTaco

StinkyTaco [OP] Member

Member:
    Sorry about the double post, kinda new to forums. So I made up my mind. I'm going with the Tacoma. Don't know what I was thinking. All I need to know now is if I need a 4x4 or the 2 wheel drive ? So how are the 2 wheel drive in the snow ?

3. Dec 19, 2007 at 2:54 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    if ur gonna be dealing w/ any type of snow, even if once/twice a year, i'd definately say to go 4x4

4. Dec 19, 2007 at 5:13 PM
    concrete jedi

concrete jedi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4 door indigo blue
    Broken and scratched tailgate, cracked rear tail light lens, coffee stain in driver seat.
    Hodge is right, 4x4 all the way, I went from a Dodge Ramcharger (huge) to my taco and there was a little adjustment time and then it was nothing but love, I am kicking myself for not doing it sooner. :thumbsup:

5. Dec 19, 2007 at 6:27 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    welcome to tw!! i went from full size to the tacoma....and it was the right decision all the way. im a ford guy too, i love the f-150(not really the new body style though)......traded in my 02 4.6L v8 sport for my prerunner, and havent looked back since!! i say, like everyone else.......if snow is a factor, or even some major offroading, go with the 4x4........it will serve you well( although the prerunner is no slouch!!:D).

6. Dec 19, 2007 at 8:13 PM
    StinkyTaco

StinkyTaco [OP] Member

Member:
    cool, thanks for the replies. i just test drove it again. i'm sure i'm making the wise choice going with the toyota. going to pull the trigger the day after christmas. to busy till then.

Products Discussed in

To Top