Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Yet another n00b with a new Taco

Old 07-29-2009, 09:59 AM   #1
otter is on a distinguished road

Name: Rob
otter's Tacoma Gallery
Yet another n00b with a new Taco

Figured I'd say hi, though I'm likely to just be a lurker here. Since the gov't decided to be so generous with our money, and toss me $4500 for a truck I bought just over a year ago for $800, I went ahead and picked myself up a 2009 white Taco 4 cyl MT 4x2 regular cab (just a base model, nothing special.) I keep telling myself that I won't mod it, since I already have one modded moneypit (04 Mitsu Ralliart, daily driver and autocross/track toy) but we'll see how long I last on that.

In the meantime, just ordered myself an Access tonneau, should be here next week, will maybe bore you with a pic once I have it on.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:08 AM   #3
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Hey, don't be crazy, mod it up! No mod guilt allowed, lol. Welcome aboard.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:32 AM   #4
bishes love my haircut
Gr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Gr8WhiteTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Gr8WhiteTaco
welcome to TW. post some pics of the mitsu too.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:35 AM   #5
4cyltacoma will become famous soon enough4cyltacoma will become famous soon enough

Name: Reagan
4cyltacoma's Tacoma Gallery
welcome to TW.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:48 AM   #7

otter's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks all. I'll post a pic of the Taco once the tonneau is installed next week. Here's the Mitsu for those that are curious, from an event I ran in May down in Indy.

Old 07-29-2009, 10:57 AM   #9
Believe
phynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
phynyx38's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome
Old 07-29-2009, 10:59 AM   #10
bishes love my haircut
Gr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Gr8WhiteTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Gr8WhiteTaco
nice car, what all ya got done to it?
Old 07-29-2009, 11:13 AM   #11

otter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8WhiteTaco View Post
nice car, what all ya got done to it?
Tein springs, stiffer struts, front/rear sways, rear tie bar, front strut bar, poly bushings, solid engine mounts, short shifter, all rubber shift bushings replaced with brass, all rubber hydraulic lines (clutch and brake) replaced with braided stainless, I/H/E, ported IM, fuel controller, Clutchmasters Stg 1 clutch, Axxis Ultimate brake pads (awesome bite and MOT, but very dusty, thus why I run black wheels), Enkei EDR-9 wheels wrapped with Dunlop Z1 Star Specs. Used to be catless, but put the cat back in to get more favorable classing.

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few things, but that should be most of it. I compete in the SCCA's ST class. Also, I run spring/strut combo instead of coilovers due to the amount of miles I drive. Easier to replace the struts as they blow than it is to have coilovers rebuilt yearly. Car just passed 150,000 miles.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:26 AM   #12
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome! Nice Mitsu. Congrats on the new truck.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:21 PM   #14
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to the forum buddy! Nice rides
Old 07-29-2009, 02:33 PM   #15
60% of the time it works every time
Hollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hollywood22's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome brother and keep the pics coming. Everyone enjoys pics here.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:00 PM   #16
Notty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud of

Army: 100% Disabled
Notty's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TeeDub! Nice DSM ya got there!!
Old 07-29-2009, 05:18 PM   #17
09 but I drive a 012 Expedition...
tacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff...I'm pretty sure
tacoholic's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacoholic
Welcome!
Old 07-29-2009, 05:24 PM   #18
Resident Canuck
HwyRogue is a name known to allHwyRogue is a name known to allHwyRogue is a name known to allHwyRogue is a name known to allHwyRogue is a name known to allHwyRogue is a name known to all

HwyRogue's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to the club.. and you can TELL yourself you won't mod it, but deep down you know you're lying to yourself.. .don't ya!
Old 07-29-2009, 05:40 PM   #20
Slypted is a jewel in the roughSlypted is a jewel in the roughSlypted is a jewel in the rough

Air Force:
Name: Frank
Slypted's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!