Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Newbie with 09 D-cab Trd offroad

Old 08-02-2009, 01:40 AM   #1
FixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
FixedTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Newbie with 09 D-cab Trd offroad

Hi everyone,
I just got a Tacoma with the offroad package. Well which I am very disappointed in since the package I got does not match the package listed on the Toyota site. I am missing the Hill start assist, atrac and the down hill assist option, which it thought was standard on all offroad package as listed on the toyota site. I did not notice this till my father took the truck home since I was at work. What should I do about this, should I ask the dealer how come those options are not included in the TRD offroad package? Other than those Option that I thought was standard in the TRD offroad package I am loving the truck.
Old 08-02-2009, 02:51 AM   #2
Believe
phynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
phynyx38's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW, call the dealership and tell them you were under the impression that towing package included more and see if they will upgrade it. Maybe if they think it is a deal breaker they will give you the hook up. Good luck.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:31 AM   #3
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
welcome
Old 08-02-2009, 08:30 AM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to Tacoma World!
Old 08-02-2009, 09:24 AM   #6
Senior Junior Member In Training
4getful is just really nice4getful is just really nice4getful is just really nice4getful is just really nice

Name: Dan
4getful's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!! Call dealership!
Old 08-03-2009, 08:21 AM   #9
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
First, welcome to TW!
Second, The dealer would have to buy it back and sell you another one. In California, this is a no "cooling off" period, but I'm not sure about where you live. It never hurts. Good luck.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:33 AM   #10
senna is a splendid one to beholdsenna is a splendid one to beholdsenna is a splendid one to beholdsenna is a splendid one to beholdsenna is a splendid one to beholdsenna is a splendid one to behold
senna's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW
Did you get a 2wd or 4wd, not sure those options would be on a 2wd, definately not A-TRAC and DAC and Hill Start could work on the same software as A-TRAC. You did get a rear locker didn't you?
Old 08-03-2009, 08:34 AM   #11
SubZombie is a jewel in the roughSubZombie is a jewel in the roughSubZombie is a jewel in the roughSubZombie is a jewel in the rough
SubZombie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FixedTRD View Post
Hi everyone,
I just got a Tacoma with the offroad package. Well which I am very disappointed in since the package I got does not match the package listed on the Toyota site. I am missing the Hill start assist, atrac and the down hill assist option, which it thought was standard on all offroad package as listed on the toyota site. I did not notice this till my father took the truck home since I was at work. What should I do about this, should I ask the dealer how come those options are not included in the TRD offroad package? Other than those Option that I thought was standard in the TRD offroad package I am loving the truck.

Sounds like you have a 6 speed pre-runner. A-Trac is for 4WD vehicles. The Hill controls don't come on stick shifts.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:27 AM   #12
FixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
FixedTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for all the responds. I have a 2wd d-cab off road version automatic. I asked the sale guy and I was told that depending on the region that this is how Toyota configuration them in Cali. Yes I do have the rear lockers but no a-trac, hill assist control and the down hill control. I would like to know if any one in Cail got the same option as I did just the make sure the sale guy wasn't bsing with me.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:28 AM   #13
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:45 AM   #15
buffalo tacoma is on a distinguished road
buffalo tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
welcome ull love that truck. Doesnt hurt to talk to dealer.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:51 AM   #16
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma World...Its addicting!!! Welcome
Old 08-03-2009, 12:02 PM   #17
rob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
rob1's Tacoma Gallery
Scottcrumley24 is RIGHT....TACOMA WORLD is addicting...I'm at work and I can't log off!!!! ....

WELCOME!!!!!!
Old 08-03-2009, 12:09 PM   #18
senna is a splendid one to beholdsenna is a splendid one to beholdsenna is a splendid one to beholdsenna is a splendid one to beholdsenna is a splendid one to beholdsenna is a splendid one to behold
senna's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FixedTRD View Post
Thanks for all the responds. I have a 2wd d-cab off road version automatic. I asked the sale guy and I was told that depending on the region that this is how Toyota configuration them in Cali. Yes I do have the rear lockers but no a-trac, hill assist control and the down hill control. I would like to know if any one in Cail got the same option as I did just the make sure the sale guy wasn't bsing with me.
I know for a fact A_TRAC only works in 4wd lo, so that option would not be available on any 2wd truck. As for DAC and Up Hill assist I am pretty sure the same apllies, 4wd lo only. I don't have my manual close by.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:13 PM   #19
97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of

97Blk_one's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome, pics please