1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Brand New to TACOMAS

Discussion in 'New Members' started by s2kvtak, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Aug 3, 2009 at 7:34 PM
    s2kvtak

s2kvtak [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tulsa, OK
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma 4x4 SR5
    Grillecraft grill w/ TRD badge, Bilstein 5100s on all 4 corners set at 2.5" and Toytec AAL in the rear. 285/75-17 Interco TRXUS M/T
    as the title states im totally new to tacomas and am trying to research. i currently own a 2000 Honda S2000 and am looking to move on from it here in the near future until i can afford one as a weekend toy. i have always liked the tacomas and really love the new ones, however my budget is less than what the newest ones go for. i came here to research as the forums now are the best places for that. at that held true for the S2000.

so my questions start here. im looking at the 2000-04 tacomas and the first thing that pops up is 4cyl or 6? which is the better option? i have noticed a slight price increase for the 6cyl, but is it worth it? also im looking to do a little mudding and maybe some slight trails so 4wd is a given and toyota has a pretty good rep for that. so is there a better year for that as well? anything that i should look for or watch out for when looking for a truck?

looking forward to getting into the tacoma world and having some fun so please share theese little tips to help me out and get into a good truck. thanks for the help in advance!!
    Lee

2. Aug 3, 2009 at 7:36 PM
    beastlytaco

beastlytaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    Vehicle:
    08 Access Cab SR5
    welsome to tw. and as far as the engine size. the 4 banger has alot of power for that size truck. and the 4x4 is very good as well. if your gonna be towing, go for the 6 but if you just wheel it and offraod, maybe the 4 would be your option. the 4 gets better mpg too tho. its your call tho

3. Aug 3, 2009 at 7:38 PM
    brianr

brianr go shit in your hat

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4
    BUILT, not bought...
    welcome.

4. Aug 3, 2009 at 8:10 PM
    s2kvtak

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tulsa, OK
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma 4x4 SR5
    Grillecraft grill w/ TRD badge, Bilstein 5100s on all 4 corners set at 2.5" and Toytec AAL in the rear. 285/75-17 Interco TRXUS M/T
    so both are gonna have enough power to keep me happy. as far as towing it might involve a jetski or 2 later on but i have watched one of these things pull a pretty big ski boat before and i was completely suprised! the boat was bigger than the truck! is there anything that i should look for in a truck when driving one? anything to watch out for? how are they as far as maintence? anything that starts to go bad that i should look out for after a certain age or milage? all these are the kinds of things im looking for. i know there are alot of little things when looking for an s2k so im curious.

thanks for the welcome guys!

5. Aug 3, 2009 at 9:42 PM
    neslerrah

neslerrah Taco lovin'

Member:
    First Name:
    Harrelsen
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    5 lug BEAST!
    Secondary air filter removed, elbow mod, BFG T/A KO (31x10.5R15), 15" American Racing Mojaves, BHLM, Dome Light MOD (Blue), Pioneer headunit, Sockmonkey 'TACOMA' Decals, Readylift 5-lug SST, Rear Shocks - Bilstein TRD, Dynomax Super Turbo #17748, DDM Slim Ballast HID Kit H4 Hi/Lo -35W 6000K in headlights, Apexcone Raptor HID Kit H3 - 35W 6000K in Hella 500s, aFe CAI #51-10762, WeatherTech Floorliner, 200W Smart AC Inverter
    hello & welcome to TW.

6. Aug 3, 2009 at 9:42 PM
    Incognito

Incognito No better friend, no worse enemy

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    Spacer lift, bumper stickers, ejector seat, etc.
    Welcome to TW!

7. Aug 4, 2009 at 4:08 AM
    longbow

longbow I see you now..................

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Silver Mica TRD 4 Door
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    Welcome to TW!!!

8. Aug 4, 2009 at 7:13 PM
    s2kvtak

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tulsa, OK
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma 4x4 SR5
    thanks to all the war welcomes

any suggestions to the questions above?

Products Discussed in

To Top