Notices

New member, first post

Old 08-27-2009, 05:52 PM   #1
Tim1968 is on a distinguished road
Name: Tim
Tim1968's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Tim1968
New member, first post

hello all, my name is tim and I just picked up an '09 tacoma access cab SR5 in black. so far all i can say is wow! this is my first new car and i am enjoying every second of it. i was first drawn to the tacomas when a buddy of mine lent me his tundra to make a home depot run with, when i saw the quality of that truck it really got me thinking. now needless to say a tundra was a bit out of a 24 yr old's budget, but once i saw the tacoma i was hooked. i went to the dealer in the midst of the cash for clunker hoohah and realized that was the wrong time to expect to get any kind of personal attention from a salesmen, so i walked out and got on the computer and went on to edmunds and nada among others and started compaing the taco's to their "competitors" and quickly realized that for the price not many trucks could hold a candle to the toyota. Now i also had to deal with some heavy guilt here too, i was raised a tride and true chevy guy (thats even my AIM sn) every one of my daily drivers has been a chevrolet since ive started driving when i was 16. I have strayed before with my 93 rx7 but i was able to justify that with the whole cool rotary engine, twin turbo thing and looked at it as more of fun car. So needless to say i was a bit conflicted to turn my 98 2 dr 4x4 blazer in to get crushed and put to a certain doom so i could get another import, but the research and the reading of posts on this forum helped tip me over the edge and im glad i did. I went back to the dealer and put in my dream sheet and worked the #'s and i was approved for financing. long story short a few weeks later i decided to take matters into my own hands as the dealer wasnt calling me back and i started calling dealers all around the tri-state area until finally i found one in jersey with a black sr5 access cab all ready to go. so i called up my local dealer to cancel the order and inquire about the return of my $500 down payment and wouldnt you know they tell me that they found one and it will be there the next day (nothing like a little fire lit under their butts haha). well even longer story short (sorry it doesnt seem like im shortening this any lol) the day i go to pick up my truck is the day that the toyota dealers decided that they are no longer participating with the cash for clunker program as they are not getting paid, lucky me right? so there i am all bummed out that i cant get this gorgeous truck sitting out in the lot that i got to test drive and everything, but then the salesman re-worked the #s and figured out that i could do a 36 month lease for about the same payment. so here we are. they gave me about a grand for my truck (their loss lol) and i drove my tacoma away the next day. now a little aside to this story, when i went to pick up the truck and finalize the paperwork i overheard the other salesmen talking to customers about how they were now again accepting the cash for clunker program and the night before was a misunderstanding blah blah blah. so at first i felt screwed over, but then i realized i might as well just lease and in 3 years pick myself up a new taco and not have to deal with the depreciation like i did with my blazer ( bought it for 16k in 2001 only to watch it depreciate to about $800 blue book value with 140k on it). well sorry for the long first post but i just wanted to thank you guys for providing me with some guidance through your threads about your trucks and how much you like them. so thanks again and i cant wait to join in on some taco discussions! next stop customizing! lol
Old 08-27-2009, 06:04 PM   #2
Tim1968's Tacoma Gallery
not sure if the pics are posted the same way here but i'll give it a shot....

Old 08-27-2009, 06:30 PM   #4
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome!
24 and already smart enough to buy a Taco. Wish I had, had your brains when I was your age
Old 08-27-2009, 06:45 PM   #6
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
HI Tim Nice truck!
Old 08-27-2009, 07:08 PM   #8
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck bud! Welcome to TW
Old 08-28-2009, 03:41 AM   #10
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!
Old 08-28-2009, 04:33 PM   #12
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
welcome to tw
Old 08-28-2009, 06:33 PM   #13
Tim1968's Tacoma Gallery
thanks guys for the warm welcome, i look foward to moving onto making a post of some actual substance lol
Old 08-28-2009, 06:35 PM   #14
Begin With The End In Mind.
carmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: KEVIN
carmellocafe's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome... Nice truck!