Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Mountain bike mounts on cargo divider

Old 08-31-2009, 09:52 AM   #1
Damien is on a distinguished road
Name: Damien
Damien's Tacoma Gallery
Mountain bike mounts on cargo divider

I am new on this site and have already found it to be very useful. There is a lot of great information on here.

I found some fork mounts for my mountain bike and bolted them onto my cargo divider. I was having trouble finding a good carrier for the bed of my truck but this turned out awesome. I'll post some pictures so you know what I mean

These are the fork mounts I used....

http://www.swagman.net/product_rackaccess3.html

Old 08-31-2009, 02:01 PM   #3
ninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Nick
ninja_taco's Tacoma Gallery
i use rec-rac from http://www.rec-rac.com/, works very nice and no removing the tire

and welcome to TW
Old 08-31-2009, 02:06 PM   #4
petersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Do you need to ask?! It's up there ^
petersharp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja_taco View Post
i use rec-rac from http://www.rec-rac.com/, works very nice and no removing the tire

and welcome to TW
I like it - never seen one of those.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:27 PM   #5
Amos will become famous soon enough

Name: Daniel
Amos's Tacoma Gallery
I just ordered some bike mounts and was planning on putting them on the front bed rail mount, but i like the cargo divider option and didn't even think of that.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:06 PM   #6
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Alright Damien... some of us can't wait that long. Where are the pictures!
Haha!!! Welcome to Tacoma World.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:29 PM   #7
Damien's Tacoma Gallery
Here are the pictures I said I would post. The thing I like about doing it this way is no drilling or scratching paint. The bolts just happen to fit into the track on top of the cargo divider too which was a huge bonus.

Old 08-31-2009, 11:32 PM   #8
Damien's Tacoma Gallery
I like the rec-rac too after checking it out. Not having to take the front tire on and off would be nice....
Old 09-01-2009, 06:45 AM   #9
Amos will become famous soon enough

Name: Daniel
Amos's Tacoma Gallery
What do you use to tie the bikes down in the back?
Old 09-01-2009, 07:37 AM   #10
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Damien, I also assume your Taco is a long bed? I would think that using the bed divider would decrease the room you need to fit the bike in the bed with the tailgate up. Either way, it looks tight. Nice work man.