Notices

Future 010 Tacoma Owner

Old 08-31-2009, 10:46 PM   #1
tacomaatw is on a distinguished road
Name: Marc
tacomaatw's Tacoma Gallery
Future 010 Tacoma Owner

Hi, everyone,

Just wanted to say "hi." I've been reading through this site for days now, and I really appreciate all the advice and instructions.

In the next few months, I'm hoping to be a proud owner of a 010 DC trd off- road tacoma. I'm going to keep it simple with only the tow package option.

Not sure about the exterior color, but I've got to have that sand beige interior. The black and tan look of the dash looks really classy to me.

Marc
Old 08-31-2009, 11:50 PM   #4
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Truck or no truck Marc, you signed the dotted line! You're a Tacoma World member now. Welcome and enjoy the site.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:53 PM   #5
Ordered 010 TRD Off-Road Super White

Hi, everyone,

I ordered the truck today. It feels pretty good, but I was bummed that the sand beige wasn't available with the off-road. That black/sand beige color just looks pretty lux to me.

I wanted a stock locking rear diff on my truck, so I went for the Off-Road. I think you can only really get sand beige with 4x4 in a prerunner.

Not sure when the truck's going to come in. The sales manager put in the order today, and I should know after Labor Day weekend.

I'm going to miss my current car. I've done a little mechanical work on it--most recently pulling out the thermostat and flushing the whole system to keep the engine at the right temp. I had also put some H-rated tires and tint on it in the past few months. It's an 8-yr old V6 mitsubishi galant.

I just needed something with a bit more utility and something that I could reliably take 100+mile road trips for work. I was hoping to wait for the redesign in 2013, but I really need a reliable long-distance vehicle now.

I'll post pictures when the truck comes in. This site is the greatest.

Marc
Old 09-04-2009, 11:01 PM   #6
THE TECHNICIAN is a jewel in the roughTHE TECHNICIAN is a jewel in the roughTHE TECHNICIAN is a jewel in the rough
THE TECHNICIAN's Tacoma Gallery
If you have any technical questions, feel free to shoot me a PM.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:06 PM   #7
Thanks

Thanks, Technician. Will do. With the reputation of the Taco, hopefully I won't have any problems.

The only mods I'm in a hurry to get done are some bumper protection, audio, and a rubber mat for the bed.

Marc
Old 09-04-2009, 11:14 PM   #8
THE TECHNICIAN is a jewel in the roughTHE TECHNICIAN is a jewel in the roughTHE TECHNICIAN is a jewel in the rough
THE TECHNICIAN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaatw View Post
Thanks, Technician. Will do. With the reputation of the Taco, hopefully I won't have any problems.

The only mods I'm in a hurry to get done are some bumper protection, audio, and a rubber mat for the bed.

Marc
Sounds good. Just remember if you take care of it, it'll take care of you.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:17 PM   #9
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!
Old 09-04-2009, 11:26 PM   #10
All Beef Taco is a name known to allAll Beef Taco is a name known to allAll Beef Taco is a name known to allAll Beef Taco is a name known to allAll Beef Taco is a name known to allAll Beef Taco is a name known to all

Name: Joe
All Beef Taco's Tacoma Gallery
It will be worth the wait. I had to wait about 1 month for mine... and just got her today! Hey, when you get yours make sure the skid plate is there. Mine was missing for some reason and I didn't notice until after the dealer closed for the evening. Grrr!