1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My first new car, truck, taco

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Coheednme13, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Jan 9, 2008 at 3:30 PM
    Coheednme13

Coheednme13 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    MattDaddy
    Elgin, SC
    Vehicle:
    11 DC TRD Sport
    I just got my 2008 Tacoma regular cab. It is my first new car, my first truck period and my first toyota. I've always wanted a tacoma. I wish I could have afforded an access cab but you gotta do what you gotta do. So far I'm lovin it as I said it's my first truck and I love riding high and it's not even lifted. Couple of questions:

1) Who makes nice tool boxes?
    2) How long is the "break-in" period?
    3) Will it look stupid to have a bull bar on a non-lifted taco?

Really like the forum so far and glad to be apart of the club

2. Jan 9, 2008 at 4:31 PM
    concrete jedi

concrete jedi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4 door indigo blue
    Broken and scratched tailgate, cracked rear tail light lens, coffee stain in driver seat.
    Welcome to TW, congrats on the new truck, I'm sure you'll love it. Seeing that you live in a pretty hot climate, I would say any metal tool box will work, stainless would probably last the longest but if you went with reg. metal you could paint it to match the truck. "Break in" is a broad subject, it depends on driving characteristics you have and the environment in which you drive in, but it safe to say between 5-8000 miles. I really saw my fuel consumption improve at 21000 miles, so be patient. Bull bars are tools, implements for protection, also good places to install extra lights, so many non-lifted trucks may not have them, I would think they would look as good on your truck as any, it says to me that the owner of this rig was thinking about his investment, doing what he could to better his chances against a mishap. This is your truck, your truck payments, so enjoy it, take a look in the gallery and steal some good ideas. :D

3. Jan 9, 2008 at 5:49 PM
    Coheednme13

Coheednme13 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    MattDaddy
    Elgin, SC
    Vehicle:
    11 DC TRD Sport
    Thanks alot for the welcome and advice. I really would like a bull bar and skid plate to protect the truck. I'm planning on doing some mods you know stereo, ipod, bluetooth(maybe), a new grill, sound dampening, intake nothing too major. Thanks again.

4. Jan 14, 2008 at 8:03 AM
    Don G

Don G Old Goat

Member:
    Southern Tier New York
    Vehicle:
    "08" Tacoma Access Cab TRD Sport 4X4
    Welcome to Taco World! !! Do whatever you want to YOUR Taco, make it look like you want it to look, you are the one you are trying to please! !!:D Good luck with your mods and enjoy! !!!

Don G

Products Discussed in

To Top