Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Decision Time

Old 09-08-2009, 09:57 AM   #1
09 but I drive a 012 Expedition...
tacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff...I'm pretty sure
tacoholic's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacoholic
Decision Time

After parusing around here for a damn long time, I might have jumped the gun entirely on this one.
I've met some cool people, some not so cool people, and overall had a great time on this forum. It's a great forum and I'm glad to have been accepted here, Tacoma or not.
Down to business, I have had an urge to drive a 2010 Fusion Sport since I first saw one on a dealer lot sometime during the beginning of the year and a couple days ago I had the opportunity to drive one and I have to say, that car is absolutely amazing in every single way. If you can't see how well its been built then you probably just hate Ford as a whole but that's your own view.
I also got the chance to work numbers on both vehicles and where Toyota doesn't move their price for shit, Ford gives A LOT of leeway and I can actually factory order a 2010 Fusion Sport with Nav, AWD, and a unique color choice that you'll probably never see again for about $2,500 more than a brand new Taco with 100+ miles which turns out is well under invoice for the Ford.

Reference:
2009 Tacoma TRD Sport DC SB: $26,922 and wouldn't move any lower in an hour. (sticker was $28,053)
2010 factory ordered Ford Fusion Sport w/ Nav and AWD (option package 402A): $29,410 (invoice is $30,522, sticker is $33,525)

As you can see the deal on the Ford is much better but that doesn't substitute the fact that it's just more expensive and a totally different vehicle but I have faith in both cars, Toyota does not have faith in their buyers, therefore their price didn't move any lower where Ford is selling me a car for less than what it cost for them to build it.

So I gave it a lot of thought and am leaning towards Ford for technology and because that car was so much fun to drive. Toyota stays in my mind and I weigh the odds every now and then but I think Ford will come out ahead in the end.

So we'll see what happens within the week and I'll keep it updated, hate on me or love me, doesn't matter. In the end it's my money and my decision.

Toyota is under my skin but Ford is in my blood, and this forum is close to my heart so I'll be around.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:09 AM   #2
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
well to be honest the fusion is the only ford i wuld consider
Old 09-08-2009, 10:10 AM   #3
His and Hers
TacomaDoug has a spectacular aura aboutTacomaDoug has a spectacular aura aboutTacomaDoug has a spectacular aura about

TacomaDoug's Tacoma Gallery
No hate here. You have to pay for it. Good luck with your decision.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:12 AM   #4
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
sounds like a pretty good deal to me for the fusion. im pretty much like you. fords have been in the family for years, but i like my yota's. so good pick on the ford. if you want it, go for it man
Old 09-08-2009, 10:15 AM   #5
Hot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pat
Hot Tamale's Tacoma Gallery
It's your $$$ so you get to choose what you want to spend it on. Get whatever makes the most sense to you and what you'll be happy with. You don't want to buy one and a month later say, "Gee, I wish I would've gotten the other." Goodluck with whichever you choose.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:34 AM   #6
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't like you any more.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:36 AM   #7
ElPhantasmo&TheChickenRunBlastarama
rutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud of
rutherk1's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to rutherk1
Remember what you will be able to sell the ford for in 5 years.

I have always had fords too but, other than their trucks, their cars really depreciate.

For 30 grand... If you are looking for a fun car, there are a heck of a lot better used options out there.

Perhaps a 2003 Cobra if you are a ford guy.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:42 AM   #8
Who needs 4WD?
neslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Harrelsen
neslerrah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
It's your $$$ so you get to choose what you want to spend it on. Get whatever makes the most sense to you and what you'll be happy with. You don't want to buy one and a month later say, "Gee, I wish I would've gotten the other." Goodluck with whichever you choose.

x2!
Old 09-08-2009, 10:45 AM   #9
Tsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud of

Name: Greg
Tsenekos's Tacoma Gallery
nope I would'nt buy it. Whats it going to be worth in 3 or 5 yrs I would go with a impreza wrx or legacy specB if you want a nice sedan, but not a ford IMO
good luck with whatever you decide on, in the end its you that has to like it and no one else
Old 09-08-2009, 10:54 AM   #10
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgerm View Post
well to be honest the fusion is the only ford i wuld consider
I actually agree with this statement. Not a big Ford fan, but they won me over with this vehicle. Don't know that I would spend near $30K for it though. I had an 04 Accord EX and loved it. Still wish I had the car. I had a lip spoiler on the trunk, a spoiler under the front bumper and a roof rack that made the car look sick! In the dark gray color even with tinted windows. I know how you feel.

Here's my take on the situation. I would keep my Tacoma and pay it off. Then get another car like a Fusion, Accord or Camry (for example). I then would have the best of both worlds. A truck I can fix up and mod and a car (sedan) as my daily commuter.

Good luck man. What color is it anyways?
Old 09-08-2009, 11:06 AM   #11
mmmm tacos!
nad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
nad's Tacoma Gallery
ford fusion is the first smart move ford has made and I can see those cars holding their value. idk about an all wheel drive one though its probably just more things to go wrong
Old 09-08-2009, 11:27 AM   #12
NAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NAAC3TACO's Tacoma Gallery
If I were in the market for a midsize car, the Fusion Sport would be at or near the top of my test drive list. Good luck with your purchase. No hate from this Taco owner.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:10 PM   #13
tacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

To everyone not quoted here, thank you. This is why I love this forum. I thought I was going to get flamed or something over this. haha
(just don't let chris in here )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsenekos View Post
nope I would'nt buy it. Whats it going to be worth in 3 or 5 yrs I would go with a impreza wrx or legacy specB if you want a nice sedan, but not a ford IMO
good luck with whatever you decide on, in the end its you that has to like it and no one else
I thought about other cars and Subarus don't do it for me. Not only that but I would have to deal with the same dealership I dealt with when I owned the Mazda and that was hell. Plus the customer service at Ford is way better than Mazda and since that dealer is a Mazda/Subaru...from my experience I can only conclude it would be just as bad. :/
(see quote below for depreciation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rutherk1 View Post
Remember what you will be able to sell the ford for in 5 years.

I have always had fords too but, other than their trucks, their cars really depreciate.

For 30 grand... If you are looking for a fun car, there are a heck of a lot better used options out there.

Perhaps a 2003 Cobra if you are a ford guy.
I kept that in mind and if this car goes the way I'm planning on then it's going to be around a lot longer than 5 years haha it could live well into its teens and beyond so I'm not really worried about depreciation just yet.
Idk if there are better options, you really have to drive a Sport model with AWD, it's simply butter. Everything just comes together and works like butter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by socolax91 View Post
I wouldn't like you any more.
Pshhhhhh...go figure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by w8n4mud View Post
I actually agree with this statement. Not a big Ford fan, but they won me over with this vehicle. Don't know that I would spend near $30K for it though. I had an 04 Accord EX and loved it. Still wish I had the car. I had a lip spoiler on the trunk, a spoiler under the front bumper and a roof rack that made the car look sick! In the dark gray color even with tinted windows. I know how you feel.

Here's my take on the situation. I would keep my Tacoma and pay it off. Then get another car like a Fusion, Accord or Camry (for example). I then would have the best of both worlds. A truck I can fix up and mod and a car (sedan) as my daily commuter.

Good luck man. What color is it anyways?
Sport Blue. Go build one on Ford's site and check it out, I was thinking black or blue and teh blue shows the lines better while the black is...black. Ya know?
interior will be the black/red combo. (it won't let you do it when you build it but I can order it that way hehehe )
Quote:
Originally Posted by nad View Post
ford fusion is the first smart move ford has made and I can see those cars holding their value. idk about an all wheel drive one though its probably just more things to go wrong
Idk about more things going wrong, the AWD is carried over from Volvo I think and they've been running that set up for years. Not exactly the same set up since this one is new but it was joint designed or built by or something from Volvo. I don't think it'll go wrong though, AWD is AWD is AWD. Besides 249TQ and 263HP through the front wheels would suck. lol
Old 09-08-2009, 02:15 PM   #14
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
hey man, whatever floats your boat. but your still welcomed here
Old 09-08-2009, 02:19 PM   #15
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: J.D.
Stillfly199's Tacoma Gallery
Well man, you are comparing two different things, If you have no need for a truck then you should go with the Fusion. If you need a truck than stay with the Tacoma. Good luck and its your money, do what you want. I dont think the Ford forums are as cool as TW though
Old 09-08-2009, 02:25 PM   #16
ClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Army Guard 31B
Name: Cam
ClemsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
The Ford seems like it has a nicer interior and more technology, but I think you would like having a Tacoma more...That's just my 0.02
Old 09-08-2009, 02:26 PM   #17
mmmm tacos!
nad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
nad's Tacoma Gallery
yeah i would say it all depends if you want a people carrier or an everything carrier. trucks come in very handy when you need to put big dirty things in the back, you dont wanna put that shit in your car.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:15 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by nad View Post
yeah i would say it all depends if you want a people carrier or an everything carrier. trucks come in very handy when you need to put big dirty things in the back, you dont wanna put that shit in your car.
Very true, your mom would not fit in the trunk of a Fusion.
jk
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonTacoma View Post
The Ford seems like it has a nicer interior and more technology, but I think you would like having a Tacoma more...That's just my 0.02
The things not making me get a truck right away are its spongy as a muthafu**a brakes and the ride needs to be stiffened up a bit. It's not bad but it's just a wee bit spongy.
Everything else is like a banana and a cauliflower, just too different.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillfly199 View Post
Well man, you are comparing two different things, If you have no need for a truck then you should go with the Fusion. If you need a truck than stay with the Tacoma. Good luck and its your money, do what you want. I dont think the Ford forums are as cool as TW though
I wanted the truck for its heiht but the Fusion seemed to solve my issues with lowness, I'm used to a hood line, the Mazda didn't have one that yuo could see while you drive so I tended to tailgate people totally by accident. Fusions have a taller hood which lets me feel closer when I'm further away and I didn't seem to tailgate anybody while I was driving it.
No, the Ford forums are definitely NOT as cool as TW. This forum is THE SHIT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastlytaco View Post
hey man, whatever floats your boat. but your still welcomed here
Thanks bro!
Old 10-22-2009, 10:33 PM   #19

I was about to update here the other day but I realized I hadn't taken any pictures yet. So, I took some pics over the weekend to update with.
Here's what I did:
2010 Ford Fusion Sport FWD 402A package. Sport blue outside, black with sport blue leather seat inserts and trim inside.
Was something like $29,595 MSRP but I paid $26,500 +/- some change with a couple other incentives and freebies and deals thrown in. Tacoma would've been $27K+ without freebies or other little deals on stuff.
Plus the Sport got a whole alarm system installed, motion detection and glass breakage and everything but the other dealer didn't wanna be nice and won't help or tell me how to activate it or what I would need to do. Plus they forgot my second key! But they paid for a new one.
Anyway, enough of my rambling. Here's some pics! (and I have more if anyone cares)
Attached Thumbnails
Decision Time-dscn2336.jpg   Decision Time-dscn2352.jpg   Decision Time-dscn2355.jpg   Decision Time-dscn2383.jpg   Decision Time-dscn2423.jpg  

Old 10-22-2009, 10:36 PM   #20
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery