Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Sold the FJ and another Taco

Old 09-13-2009, 06:37 PM   #1
Jim&Tammy will become famous soon enoughJim&Tammy will become famous soon enough

Army:
Name: Jim
Jim&Tammy's Tacoma Gallery
Sold the FJ and another Taco

For any of you that visited the FJ Cruiser Forum I used to have an 07 Black Diamond FJ that was decently built up. I had a 3" Toytec lift with Bilsteins and new springs all around. I went through three CV boots, (which were all replaced by the Toyota dealer under warranty, great guys in Colorado Springs). After the second ripped I asked the guys inthe shop if it was due to my CV angles, they said they were not extreme by any means and they could not figure out why...by the way two were dne off roading mild trails and the other jus driving around. From the tears they did not loook like they were from debri on trails or the road....Then the fenders started to their thing with the slight bulge. That was the last straw.

I had a 2000 Taco TRD bfore that and traded it in for my FJ, that was built up modestly as well. Now I have an 04' Dbl Cab TRD that is staring off in the right direction again.

Current set-up:
Toytec Heavies w/o top plate (until bumper and winch are installed)
Bilstein adjutable struts up front (set at 0" of course, they were given to me at no extra cost because the other ones were not going to be in for a while)
Rear AAL.
Diff Breather mod.
285/70/16 BFG TA
Some sweet seat covers
Pioneer deck
and a Glock 27

SOLD FJ

And the like new to me Taco...a little ways to go but she'll get there
Old 09-13-2009, 06:42 PM   #2
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
welcome.nice fj and taco. what wheels are one the taco??i like
Old 09-13-2009, 06:44 PM   #3
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW! Nice rigs you got there.

And thank you for your service!
Old 09-13-2009, 06:45 PM   #4
Jim&Tammy will become famous soon enoughJim&Tammy will become famous soon enough

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
welcome.nice fj and taco. what wheels are one the taco??i like
Thanks, not sure about the wheels, they came on the truck when I purchased it.
Old 09-13-2009, 07:27 PM   #5
devilsalmostfree is just really nicedevilsalmostfree is just really nicedevilsalmostfree is just really nicedevilsalmostfree is just really nice

Army: 82D Airborne Div., Infantry Mortar Man, Paratrooper!
Name: Carl
devilsalmostfree's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to devilsalmostfree
hey man, welcome to TW, i like the rigs, too bad ya sold the FJ. u H.A.L.O.?
Old 09-13-2009, 07:29 PM   #6
Lest We Forget
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on your purchase. and welcome to the club.
Old 09-13-2009, 07:34 PM   #7

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsalmostfree View Post
hey man, welcome to TW, i like the rigs, too bad ya sold the FJ. u H.A.L.O.?
Yes I am, I just left my Team at Ft. Carson (10th) to come back to Bragg for my wonderful 2 year SWC tour. Fun
Old 09-13-2009, 07:42 PM   #8
devilsalmostfree is just really nicedevilsalmostfree is just really nicedevilsalmostfree is just really nicedevilsalmostfree is just really nice

Army: 82D Airborne Div., Infantry Mortar Man, Paratrooper!
Name: Carl
devilsalmostfree's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to devilsalmostfree
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim&Tammy View Post
Yes I am, I just left my Team at Ft. Carson (10th) to come back to Bragg for my wonderful 2 year SWC tour. Fun
awesome man, i always wanted to do H.A.L.O. thank u for ur sevice! i liked bragg, but most people dont!
Old 09-13-2009, 10:32 PM   #9
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry about the Fj. I dig those vehicles as well. You've got a nice looking Tacoma there. I'm sure you'll mod it out and treat her nice. Welcome to Tacoma World.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:21 AM   #10
RogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant future

Air Force: Aircraft Armament Tech
Name: Rod
RogueLeader's Tacoma Gallery
Did the same thing, but not for the same reasons. Wish I could have kept the FJC as well, but the Taco won.
Attached Thumbnails
Sold the FJ and another Taco-dsc02039.jpg   Sold the FJ and another Taco-dsc02040.jpg   Sold the FJ and another Taco-p6260056.jpg   Sold the FJ and another Taco-p6260057.jpg  
Old 09-15-2009, 07:49 PM   #11

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueLeader View Post
Did the same thing, but not for the same reasons. Wish I could have kept the FJC as well, but the Taco won.
Unfortunately the first 07 models had some issues. But it was also kind of bulky for my likes. I have had in the past a 69 FJ and a 72 FJ. Much more kin to the smaller style of trucks and FJ's.
Old 09-19-2009, 09:15 PM   #13
Legend of the UG
Kappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Mike
Kappes03's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from up north in Aurora (assuming you're in the Springs) My buddy is stationed at Carson with SF.. not sure what group I thought it was 10th. Know an Apollo Campbell? He actually broke his back on a jump a couple months ago..

-mike
Old 09-20-2009, 06:32 PM   #14

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappes03 View Post
Welcome from up north in Aurora (assuming you're in the Springs) My buddy is stationed at Carson with SF.. not sure what group I thought it was 10th. Know an Apollo Campbell? He actually broke his back on a jump a couple months ago..

-mike
Sorry man, I don't. He might be in the other Bn.