Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

New from New Orleans

Old 09-18-2009, 12:25 AM   #1
ecarrell1 is on a distinguished road
ecarrell1's Tacoma Gallery
New from New Orleans

Bought a 2010 (7114) 4cy auto one month ago to the day. Wasn't looking to buy until June of next year, but cash for clunker flushed me out to look. Left my only 1 owner 93 GMC at the dealership 200 miles from where I live to get the last C4C the dealership sold. I was just lucky it came into the stealership just before the gov. ran out of money. I wanted a different brand of truck, but the rebate was less than the Taco I purchased. Had to pay the stealership sticker or they "had someone waiting to pay sticker if my deal fell through". God do I hate car salesmen.
I love this site and am happy to be the new member. I have done a couple of the mods you have in the sticky and thanks to all who have taken the time to post the pics and step by step instructions. I had the OEM Cruse Control installed by a dealership locally. Several of the stealerships (including the one I bought from) wanted $600.+ to install. I talked to the service manager at the Slidell Toyota and he installed the control for $250. He said that the OEM part listed for the truck would not work and installed one for a corolla. He must know what he is doing; the cruise works perfect and was over half the price everyone else was quoting. If I had found this site before I had the cruise control installed I might have tried to do it myself. I had the cruise control installed at 400 miles and cannot live without it.
After finding this site and started to read several of the threads I ordered an aFe Pro-Dry S Air Filter and dropped it into the filter box. I removed the secondary charcoal filter as showed in one of the sticky except I drilled through one end of the cover. A little silicone and all is well. I did not notice any improvement in mileage but maybe a bit increase in power. My first fill-up I got 24.4 MPG, my last fill up with the new filter I got 24.77 MPG. Not enough change to prove much. I installed the new filter at 700 miles. This week I ordered parts to install the fog lights. I found the lens on e-bay and ordered the plugs and switch on 1st Toyota. I bought the rest at my local parts store, Advance Auto. I will be out a little over $225 but will have OEM parts for the ones that show. The sticky for this installation will very helpful when all the parts arrive.
I also ordered the Intermitted wiper control switch from 1st Toyota with the fog light switch. I will like using the wipers in the rain much more after this mod is done.
One more thing I am planning to do is switch to Royal Purple synthetic oil at 5000 miles. I am debating to wait until 10000 miles but as for now I plan to switch to RP at 5. If there is a good reason to wait, please someone let me know.
Thanks again for all your information on this site; I know where to look if I have any questions.
Iím really enjoying the truck and having fun with all the mods.
ecarrell1
Old 09-18-2009, 12:26 AM   #2
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
sounds good man...welcome to tw
Old 09-18-2009, 01:26 AM   #3
Ragin will become famous soon enoughRagin will become famous soon enough
Ragin's Tacoma Gallery
Glad you're enjoying her, but then I dunno who doesn't, haha. Welcome to TW
Old 09-18-2009, 03:26 AM   #4
His and Hers
TacomaDoug has a spectacular aura aboutTacomaDoug has a spectacular aura aboutTacomaDoug has a spectacular aura about

TacomaDoug's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome aboard. Got any pics?
Old 09-18-2009, 04:55 AM   #5
ChrisL is on a distinguished road
ChrisL's Tacoma Gallery
welcome! Looks like you go to the same dealership I go to.
Old 09-18-2009, 04:23 PM   #9
ecarrell1 is on a distinguished road
ecarrell1's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for all the welcomes. I thought I would put a pic on the thread but the truck is so white you can't see anything. Today I put on the $2.00 tailgate theft deterrent. Who thought of this needs a thanks. I don't think I would have a problem without the camera, but its cheap piece of mind.
I have a question, if I need to I will go to another thread, but I will try it here first. At the auto supply store they said that the fuse is a different type than the normal mini. Is there a add-a-fuse adaptor for the new style of fuses? The blade runs along the side of the plastic. Will the mini blade type work, if it will I could use the small add a fuse. This is for the fog lights I plan to install when the switch comes in.
Thanks again for the welcome.