1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

noob about to buy a tacoma

Discussion in 'New Members' started by shark757, Sep 19, 2009.

1. Sep 19, 2009 at 6:45 AM
    shark757

shark757 [OP] New Member

Member:
    i been researching and doing a lot of comparing and am unsure of what which tacoma i want. i know i want the dbl cab prerunnner 4x2 but unsure of the option package to go with.
    i thought all i wanted was just plain sr5 but looking more i like the trd off road bc of the wheels and suspension make it look good and is a nicer ride. any help is much appreciated thanks!

2. Sep 19, 2009 at 7:34 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Welcome to TW! Check out some posts. mill around, and see what everyone has to say about the different modles. :)

3. Sep 19, 2009 at 7:35 AM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
    I was in the same boat. I knew I wanted the Prerunner for the lifted look. I went back and forth on do I really want to spend the extra money for one of the TRD packages. Understand that the SR5 is the standard Tacoma pickup five lug wheel pattern. The Prerunner is the same truck but on the frame the 4x4 uses and uses a six lug wheel, it has the lifted look. If the lifted look is all you want you may be able to go with a stock Prerunner. Do a search on the Toyota web site and see if there is anything in the TRD packages you want. I went with the OR as at the time I did not care for the hood scoop on the sport, now I kind of like them. I also didn't care for the 17" wheels the Sport uses not the OR's are much better. See what fit's in your budget and go from there.
    Good luck and keep us posted!

4. Sep 19, 2009 at 7:39 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    SR5 is a option package on all modles. :)

5. Sep 19, 2009 at 7:48 AM
    Incognito

Incognito No better friend, no worse enemy

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    Spacer lift, bumper stickers, ejector seat, etc.
    Welcome to TW!

6. Sep 19, 2009 at 8:35 AM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
    Yes, you are correct :thumbsup:

7. Sep 19, 2009 at 5:11 PM
    neslerrah

neslerrah Taco lovin'

Member:
    First Name:
    Harrelsen
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    5 lug BEAST!
    Secondary air filter removed, elbow mod, BFG T/A KO (31x10.5R15), 15" American Racing Mojaves, BHLM, Dome Light MOD (Blue), Pioneer headunit, Sockmonkey 'TACOMA' Decals, Readylift 5-lug SST, Rear Shocks - Bilstein TRD, Dynomax Super Turbo #17748, DDM Slim Ballast HID Kit H4 Hi/Lo -35W 6000K in headlights, Apexcone Raptor HID Kit H3 - 35W 6000K in Hella 500s, aFe CAI #51-10762, WeatherTech Floorliner, 200W Smart AC Inverter
    welcome to TW.

8. Sep 19, 2009 at 7:56 PM
    AVTOMAT

AVTOMAT Well-Known Member

Member:
    Behind you
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport DBL Cab Super White
    De-badge.Pro Comp 7089.White front emblem.AFE pro dry air filter.Full Wet Okole covers.The rest in progress pending research
    I was in the same boat.I took SPORT cuz I think chrome is gay...plus I don't need help starting on a hill...or going down it.The locker is cool though.Did I mention chrome is gay?
    The TRD OR wheels are cool though I think if I had those I would have kept them and had the powder coated black....I sold my 17"s , although they looked cool I wanted a different look.You will ike your truck no matter what...if there are things you don't you can change it.There are MANY dudes on here to help with that!

9. Sep 19, 2009 at 9:09 PM
    w8n4mud

w8n4mud I'm back.

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    Chula Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma Off Road DCSB
    Stock. Purchased 2/17/19. Cement!
    Welcome to Tacoma World!

Products Discussed in