Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

noob about to buy a tacoma

Old 09-19-2009, 06:45 AM   #1
shark757 is on a distinguished road
shark757's Tacoma Gallery
noob about to buy a tacoma

i been researching and doing a lot of comparing and am unsure of what which tacoma i want. i know i want the dbl cab prerunnner 4x2 but unsure of the option package to go with.
i thought all i wanted was just plain sr5 but looking more i like the trd off road bc of the wheels and suspension make it look good and is a nicer ride. any help is much appreciated thanks!
Old 09-19-2009, 07:34 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW! Check out some posts. mill around, and see what everyone has to say about the different modles.
Old 09-19-2009, 07:35 AM   #3
www.BeLikeBrit.org
fletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
fletch aka's Tacoma Gallery
I was in the same boat. I knew I wanted the Prerunner for the lifted look. I went back and forth on do I really want to spend the extra money for one of the TRD packages. Understand that the SR5 is the standard Tacoma pickup five lug wheel pattern. The Prerunner is the same truck but on the frame the 4x4 uses and uses a six lug wheel, it has the lifted look. If the lifted look is all you want you may be able to go with a stock Prerunner. Do a search on the Toyota web site and see if there is anything in the TRD packages you want. I went with the OR as at the time I did not care for the hood scoop on the sport, now I kind of like them. I also didn't care for the 17" wheels the Sport uses not the OR's are much better. See what fit's in your budget and go from there.
Good luck and keep us posted!
Old 09-19-2009, 07:39 AM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch aka View Post
I was in the same boat. I knew I wanted the Prerunner for the lifted look. I went back and forth on do I really want to spend the extra money for one of the TRD packages. Understand that the SR5 is the standard Tacoma pickup five lug wheel pattern. The Prerunner is the same truck but on the frame the 4x4 uses and uses a six lug wheel, it has the lifted look. If the lifted look is all you want you may be able to go with a stock Prerunner. Do a search on the Toyota web site and see if there is anything in the TRD packages you want. I went with the OR as at the time I did not care for the hood scoop on the sport, now I kind of like them. I also didn't care for the 17" wheels the Sport uses not the OR's are much better. See what fit's in your budget and go from there.
Good luck and keep us posted!
SR5 is a option package on all modles.
Old 09-19-2009, 07:56 PM   #8
AVTOMAT is on a distinguished road
AVTOMAT's Tacoma Gallery
I was in the same boat.I took SPORT cuz I think chrome is gay...plus I don't need help starting on a hill...or going down it.The locker is cool though.Did I mention chrome is gay?
The TRD OR wheels are cool though I think if I had those I would have kept them and had the powder coated black....I sold my 17"s , although they looked cool I wanted a different look.You will ike your truck no matter what...if there are things you don't you can change it.There are MANY dudes on here to help with that!
Old 09-19-2009, 09:09 PM   #9
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to Tacoma World!