Notices

Hello.

Old 09-20-2009, 05:00 PM   #1
sirron is on a distinguished road

Navy: Aircraft handler. Brit.
Name: Ron
sirron's Tacoma Gallery
Hello.

I'm about to install a tailgate lock on my 2009 Tacoma, with camera. Does anyone have installation pictures? I read on this site that it would go better with pictures. (DynoLock Electric Tail Gate Lock Install)

I'm also thinking about making front and back indicator lights inside the wheel wells. See picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Hello.-truck.jpg  
Old 09-20-2009, 05:03 PM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!
Old 09-20-2009, 05:11 PM   #4
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirron View Post
I'm about to install a tailgate lock on my 2009 Tacoma, with camera. Does anyone have installation pictures? I read on this site that it would go better with pictures. (DynoLock Electric Tail Gate Lock Install)

I'm also thinking about making front and back indicator lights inside the wheel wells. See picture.
Nice truck! I was thinking about putting the dynolock as well. I haven't ordered it yet though. Either way, I'm from San Diego too! Lots of us representing Tacoma World are from SD. As far as your indicator lights are concerned... go for a set of Muth Mirrors. I'm sure you'll like that a lot better. I too looked at Wal-Mart's LED lights and thought about putting them somewhere on the side, but after a while I thought that would look very getto.
Welcome to Tacoma World!
Old 09-20-2009, 05:33 PM   #5

sirron's Tacoma Gallery
Hi. Muth Mirrors look great. I was thinking of indicator lights that drivers alongside could see. Did you look at the picture of my truck ( just a rough idea) If i did it they would look like original equipment quality. The DynoLock is less expensive on eBay.
Old 09-20-2009, 05:47 PM   #6
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirron View Post
Hi. Muth Mirrors look great. I was thinking of indicator lights that drivers alongside could see. Did you look at the picture of my truck ( just a rough idea) If i did it they would look like original equipment quality. The DynoLock is less expensive on eBay.
If I wasn't looking into Muth Mirrors, then I would have gone the route of side markers on the fenders like that of a Honda Pilot (longer & sleek). I currently have TRD emblems where I would have installed the side markers.
As far as the rear is concerned... I would leave that alone. But hey thats why we all love Tacoma World.
Old 09-20-2009, 05:52 PM   #7

sirron's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs down

My wife didn't like the TRD Development Team logo on the rear sides. Turd had to go.
Old 09-20-2009, 06:20 PM   #8
There's a mod for that!

w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Haha, that's funny. My wife says the exact thing. That's why I was debating about putting the turn signal indicator there. Oh well. For now, it is what it is.